cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth not working on Rampage V Edition 10

therealstevezis
Level 7
I've tried updating the driver software, installing and reinstalling:

Bluetooth Driver Package V12.0.1.650 (DriverVersion 12.0.1.653) for Windows 10 64bit.(WHQL)

to no avail. The strange thing is that the Bluetooth can sometimes detect a device, but it pops up as Unknown and is unable to ever pair with the device.

Has anyone experienced a similar problem, or have any suggested fixes?
26 REPLIES 26

Brighttail
Level 11
Several threads on this. It is a known issue, especially with and since Windows 10 Anniversary Update. We all know about it, we've complained about it, some have no issue but many do. Asus.. doesn't seem to acknowledge or care. 😞 I got a bluetooth dongle. This works great!

Seriously if you want to go back over older threads do a google search on Asus rampage edition 10 Bluetooth not working.
Panteks Enthoo Elite / Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme / Intel I9-7900X / Corsair Dominator RGB 3200MHz

MSI GTX 1080 TI / 2x Intel 900p / Samsung 970 Pro 512GB

Samsung 850 PRO 512GB / Western Digital Gold 8TB HD

Corsair AX 1200i / Corsair Platinum K95 / Asus Chakram

Acer XB321HK 4k, IPS, G-sync Monitor / Water Cooled / Asus G571JT Laptop

Brighttail wrote:
Several threads on this. It is a known issue, especially with and since Windows 10 Anniversary Update. We all know about it, we've complained about it, some have no issue but many do. Asus.. doesn't seem to acknowledge or care. 😞 I got a bluetooth dongle. This works great!

Seriously if you want to go back over older threads do a google search on Asus rampage edition 10 Bluetooth not working.

This is not an RVE10 or ASUS specific issue. This is a Broadcom issue. As in, the provider of the WiFi and Bluetooth chipset and driver used on the motherboard. If the WiFi card wasn't hidden behind the protective cover, a solution might be to simply exchange it for, say, an Intel chip.

Godofmosquitoes wrote:
This is not an RVE10 or ASUS specific issue. This is a Broadcom issue. As in, the provider of the WiFi and Bluetooth chipset and driver used on the motherboard. If the WiFi card wasn't hidden behind the protective cover, a solution might be to simply exchange it for, say, an Intel chip.

Wrong.

Asus is building a product, and if the product doesn't work, Asus is the responsible. We've been having issues with this for way too long, we've got nothing, not a statement, not even a simple post saying (we're working on it) Nothing.

it is an Asus fault by ALL means. No matter who is the primary provider of the chip that actually have issues.

As said before, I ended up buying a USB dongle in Amazon. But, seriously guys...

Catalonia wrote:
Wrong.

Asus is building a product, and if the product doesn't work, Asus is the responsible. We've been having issues with this for way too long, we've got nothing, not a statement, not even a simple post saying (we're working on it) Nothing.

it is an Asus fault by ALL means. No matter who is the primary provider of the chip that actually have issues.

As said before, I ended up buying a USB dongle in Amazon. But, seriously guys...

I'm sorry, your statement makes no sense. If ASUS produces a graphics card by nVidia or AMD, and either provides a driver, which makes some new game unplayable, there ain't nothing ASUS can do about it either.

This situation is the same. Broadcom have provided a WiFi/Bluetooth chipset with drivers which apparently have issues working properly. Complaining to ASUS won't help. Just as only nVidia and AMD would be able to develop a new driver, making the new game playable, only Broadcom can provide a working driver for the WiFi/Bluetooth chipset. There ain't nothing ASUS can do. Nothing. Nada.

Say, have you even attempted to acquire a new driver from Broadcom themselves? Or do you also sit on ASUS' site, and wait for them to post a new driver for your GeForce/Radeon card, rather than going straight to nVidia/AMD? I happen to know there are newer drivers available for the chipset, than those posted on ASUS' site. Try something like station-drivers.com - they usually have the latest of everything posted.

Godofmosquitoes wrote:

I would be okay with this explanation if:
1. All their techs knew this answer when I called. Most have no idea that this is even an issue.
2. If I saw other motherboards with bluetooth having similar issues. I've done some checking and if it was a full Broadcom issue, then I think it is safe to assume that MANY MANY more motherboards of all manufacturers would be having this issue. I'm just not seeing that.
3. Considering that the R5E and the R5E10 use pretty much the same WIFI, one would think if it was a Broadcom issue there would be an issue with BOTH motherboards, but my R5E in my other system has ZERO issues with Bluetooth and the Anniversary update, nor does my z97 Formula.

It is becomes of this I believe that this is a BIOS issue with Asus and the R5E10 board.
Panteks Enthoo Elite / Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme / Intel I9-7900X / Corsair Dominator RGB 3200MHz

MSI GTX 1080 TI / 2x Intel 900p / Samsung 970 Pro 512GB

Samsung 850 PRO 512GB / Western Digital Gold 8TB HD

Corsair AX 1200i / Corsair Platinum K95 / Asus Chakram

Acer XB321HK 4k, IPS, G-sync Monitor / Water Cooled / Asus G571JT Laptop

Brighttail wrote:
I would be okay with this explanation if:
1. All their techs knew this answer when I called. Most have no idea that this is even an issue.
2. If I saw other motherboards with bluetooth having similar issues. I've done some checking and if it was a full Broadcom issue, then I think it is safe to assume that MANY MANY more motherboards of all manufacturers would be having this issue. I'm just not seeing that.
3. Considering that the R5E and the R5E10 use pretty much the same WIFI, one would think if it was a Broadcom issue there would be an issue with BOTH motherboards, but my R5E in my other system has ZERO issues with Bluetooth and the Anniversary update, nor does my z97 Formula.

It is becomes of this I believe that this is a BIOS issue with Asus and the R5E10 board.

It is a Broadcom issue. It varies from chipset model to chipset model, which has and which hasn't got issues. Currently for example, the Bluetooth of my HTC Vive isn't working either. Same issue as you're describing. And they use, gasp, Broadcom for their Bluetooth chipset.

As for Broadcom Wifi/Bluetooth on the RVE10.

This Bluetooth driver: http://station-drivers.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=352&func=fileinfo&id=2130〈=fr

And this WiFi driver: http://station-drivers.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=352&func=fileinfo&id=1985〈=fr

Makes both work flawlessly here.

I know, I know. Naughty me, deep-linking and everything.

Godofmosquitoes wrote:
As for Broadcom Wifi/Bluetooth on the RVE10.

This Bluetooth driver: http://station-drivers.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=352&func=fileinfo&id=2130〈=fr

And this WiFi driver: http://station-drivers.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=352&func=fileinfo&id=1985〈=fr

Makes both work flawlessly here.

I know, I know. Naughty me, deep-linking and everything.

cant work for me!

i see this on rampage v10 support site now

new bios 1502 just in windows 7 X64?
is it true?