cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adaptive Vcore & BIOS 3501

CMDRZOD
Level 7
I'm having an issue with ths latest BIOS. When I manually set my Vcore to 1.275, it works as expected. However I like to use adaptive voltage. When I enter my previous settings (or any settings) for adaptive voltage, it will max out at 1.2v and will not go higher.

Anyone else notice this?
6 REPLIES 6

dansi
Level 7
IIRC adaptive give full control of vcore to the multiplier table in your CPU.

That is, depend on your CPU internal multiplier-vcore table, you set a certain multiplier, the bios automatically assign the corresponding vcore from that internal table.

That is why i think overclocking today is too limited and restricted. Everything is hardcoded inside the processors. Alot of controls to enable efficiency. Same with Nvidia Pascal GPU.

On 3402 I was stable and had no problem going past 1.2v using adaptive. I am running at 4.5Ghz core 4.2 on cache. I think this is a bug. You're right though, more control over these things would be nice.

dansi
Level 7
Did you went beyond 1.2v with same multiplier settings? Maybe you need to disable SVID or other settings here and there.

In my case, the only within my control voltage is the CPU cache, i put 1.85v or 1.88v, all readings from HWM change accordingly.

dansi wrote:
Did you went beyond 1.2v with same multiplier settings? Maybe you need to disable SVID or other settings here and there.

In my case, the only within my control voltage is the CPU cache, i put 1.85v or 1.88v, all readings from HWM change accordingly.

IYes 3402 would go beyond 1.2v with the same settings.
Settings:
45 clock multiplier all 8 cores
42 max clock cpu cache

CPU:
Adaptive
Core voltage offset: +.130
Additional Core voltage: +.180
Cpu Cache
Offset
+.325

With thes settings I would normally see about 1.29v on CPU and 1.31v on cache. Now with 3501 BIOS, CPU will not go above 1.2v and CPU cache will not go above 1.25v. If I set them manually there is no problem. I have tried disabling SVID, spread spectrum and others. I use power phase response (fast) for the CPU on power control as well. I'm starting to wonder if it may have something to do with it. Will require more testing.

Bump? Has anyone else tried adaptive and offset voltages with this BIOS? I can't be the only one.....

adaptive voltage give u a lot of headache im runing the bios 3501 it give me random freeze even tough its run ok on stress test 30 min in adia 64

it sometimes the windows hangs and freeze after realbench strees test for me i use manual vcore voltage and use windows power mangement balance and set the cpu to min 30% it give the same result as the adaptive even tough i still got some freeze but not so often the max power min 100% and max 100% cpu are stable 24/7 btw