Threaded View

ROG Member Array

ASUS ROG STRIX X99 Problems

Hi. I'm having serious problems with my new Asus ROG STRIX X99 motherboard.

Sporadically it will start but there'll be a blank screen. The computer seems to be running properly but there's no picture. I have to reset it many times to get it to work properly.

My componenet are: 32GB 2400mhz DDR4 Kingston memory, new, can run memtest for over 24hrs with no errors.
    I7 3800k CPU - new, tested in 1 other machine
    Asus Strix 1080 GTX - new, tested in 1 other machine.
    Seasonic 760w PSU - new, has been tested in 2 other machines.
    2x ssd drives. 2x sata drives. All with no problems detected in hard disk sentinal.

That's the main stuff. I built it for a work machine as I do video editing, but I also do a little gaming.

So far I've tried the following:
    No overclock.
    Removed all asus optional software. Only drivers installed.
    Removed 16GB of memory. Only 16GB being used in the main 2 slots according to the manual.
    Removed all USB devices except for keyboard and mouse.
    Updated to Bios 1402

But this problem persists.

I haven't had this problem for a couple of days now. This morning I woke up at 5:30 and it turned on straight away. I played some Witcher 3 and did a few hours of editing. This afternoon I had the blank screen again. The bios code read AA or A2. On the 10th restart it booted to windows and now it's working fine. That's probably the most annoying aspect of this issue. If it gets to windows it's fine. No crashes, nothing. It's just getting it to boot to windows which is the hard part.

I don't see any bios prompts when I first turn on the computer. Or very rarely. Maybe 1 in 20 times I'll see the prompt to hit del or f2 to go to bios. If I hit one of these buttons to go to bios when I don't see the prompt, it'll just go to a blank screen. The computer seems to be working fine, but I can't see anything so will need to restart.

Any help from Asus on this issue would be very appreciated.