Memory (part number)32GB G-Skills
    Graphics Card #1MSI GEFORCE® GTX 1080 GAMING X 8G
    MonitorPG279Q
    Storage #1Samsumg 951 Pro m.2 512GB
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100
    Power Supply1600W 80 Platinum
    OS Win10

Quote Originally Posted by 1Zman1 View Post
    Yes, I get it, they have to check off the boxes....... support is a tough job. The expense and inconvenience of shipping off a new monitor is not what I want to hear; but it is what it is....... never spent this much on a monitor, the performance is incredible in game, hopefully this is a fluke and it was not a bad investment.
    Yea it sucks when you have to sent stuff out for Repairs. I always try to buy from a retailer that has extended warranties that I can just take it back to then within 2-3 years and replace the monitor with the same monitor or get my money back in store credit for another monitor. But yea the gaming experience is one of the best for sure. I went through 4 of these to get a good one and it was well worth it. My issues were mostly color uniformity issues between the top corners and the rest of the screen. I settled for one that had minor bleed and minor color issue but was much better overall. Bought the in store warranty for 2 years so ill just take it back near the end of that and grab my store credit for something else if it's still a bother with the issues or if something else breaks on it.

Also for the fluke thing. I think they have a bad board somewhere in there as there have been a decent amount of reports of this issue happening. hopefully they found the issue with them are replacing it with hopefully fix ones that won't have the issue again.
    Last edited by Crashcourse316; 03-06-2017 at 02:27 PM.
    I7-4790k OC 4.9 1.375v
    MSI Gaming X GTX 1080 OC core:2055Mhz Mem:5504Mhz

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you like what I post, hit that Rep button.
    If i'm posting here it's only because I'm at work and have nothing better to do other than solve your problems.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by defram View Post
    I'm curious how your RMA went. Mine also was sent in, just got it back today and it is in the EXACT same state it was before. Zero feedback from support on what was actually done. The monitor got in on a Friday, with the RMA going complete within hours of delivery to their service center.

Shipping wasn't cheap and I am officially done with Asus products unless they can resolve this in a timely manner, but at this point my monitor has had this issue for well over a month now.
    Argh, that's rough. My monitor looks to be in good shape now. No issues at all anymore. I'd pester them to see whats up. Your monitor should have been fixed when you got it back. May need to send it in again.

**I have now had two chat sessions, the result of the first was bogus reset instructions that did not pertain to this model. So I fired up the next chat session and confirmed that the way to reset is on the settings menu as one would think. The end of my second chat resulted in this:

*Thank you for contacting ASUS Customer Service. I understand that when the monitor goes to sleep mode it flashes colored screens and does not go off. I apologize for the inconvenience caused and I will be more than happy to help you. In this case, I suggest you to follow the steps given below to check if the issue is resolved. 1. Please try the monitor on another PC or please try another monitor on this PC in order to isolate the issue. 2. Please check with different cables 3. Please reset the Monitor and check if the issue remains the same. To reset the monitor, please follow the steps given below: 1. Go to OSD menu. 2. Click System Setup. 3. Click "ALL RESET".

I have my laptop hooked to the monitor now, I could get an image out of the laptop using display port, it sees the monitor but buggers up the *laptop, switched to hdmi, forced a sleep mode, screen went black, no disco lights......... cycled power, disco lights and input was not hdmi.

I did a all reset, unplugged the hdmi, black screen, no disco lights, cycled power, input was back to display port and disco lights.

Switch back to my desktop, something new on display power input, screen goes black, wake it up, light in motion check box is up, check it off, next sleep mode, disco lights, do an all reset, wake to light in motion check box, check it off, goes to sleep mode, disco lights.

*Switched input back to HDMI, did a all reset, cycled power, disco lights and input is back to display port, proving the point that I was trying to make with the support person on the chat, please explain how a different PC is going to change the fact that input or no input, the settings are not being saved..... I did not understand why a different PC is going to make a difference.**

Frustrated, wasted all kinds of time, will fire up another chat session.....*
    Yeah..make sure you reference the old case number in the new chat session and let them know you've tried everything. Also link them this whole thread. They should prompt you to RMA it.

ROG Member Array

Case closed..........

Quote Originally Posted by Pottymouth View Post
    Argh, that's rough. My monitor looks to be in good shape now. No issues at all anymore. I'd pester them to see whats up. Your monitor should have been fixed when you got it back. May need to send it in again.

Yeah..make sure you reference the old case number in the new chat session and let them know you've tried everything. Also link them this whole thread. They should prompt you to RMA it.
    I'm happy to say that my monitor was replaced under an RMA, received the replacement on Saturday.......The new one looks and works perfectly...... Two weeks to get the RMA, two day turn around at ASUS and two weeks of shipping logistics......... Happy again.............

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Crashcourse316 PC Specs
    Crashcourse316 PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Z97 Wifi-Pro
    ProcessorI7-4790k
    Memory (part number)32GB G-Skills
    Graphics Card #1MSI GEFORCE® GTX 1080 GAMING X 8G
    MonitorPG279Q
    Storage #1Samsumg 951 Pro m.2 512GB
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100
    Power Supply1600W 80 Platinum
    OS Win10

I'm happy to say that my monitor was replaced under an RMA, received the replacement on Saturday.......The new one looks and works perfectly...... Two weeks to get the RMA, two day turn around at ASUS and two weeks of shipping logistics......... Happy again.............
    NIce. Mine just popped the factory menu two days ago. I unchecked the box and it went away and didn't come back. Not sure what caused it to come up in the first place. Also I got that weird moved line of pixels that got fixed with the firmware update. just powered off and on and it was fine. Also my monitor started flickering much more than it used to. Even with a new cable that is DP 1.3 which is higher than needed. I'm thinking I might need to take this one back in and pickup something else. I've had this monitor for about 8 months. Good thing I bought that warranty through the store

Update: I came home and my computer booted to "No boot partition" so i had to manually transfer everything using xcopy off of my m.2 drive. Surprisingly that only took like 25-30 minutes for about 300 GB so not a big deal. after reinstalling windows there is no flicker yet. Looking like it was maybe a setting with my Nvidia drivers that mighth ave been screwing it up. so unless it starts flickering again ill be keeping the monitor.
    Last edited by Crashcourse316; 04-07-2017 at 12:18 PM.
    I7-4790k OC 4.9 1.375v
    MSI Gaming X GTX 1080 OC core:2055Mhz Mem:5504Mhz

If you like what I post, hit that Rep button.
    If i'm posting here it's only because I'm at work and have nothing better to do other than solve your problems.

New ROGer Array xterc PC Specs
    xterc PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Rampage V Edition 10
    Processori7-6950X
    Memory (part number)CMD32GX4M4B3333C16
    Graphics Card #1MSI GTX1080 SEAHAWK EK X
    MonitorCROSSOVER QHD270
    CPU CoolerEKWB SUPREMACY EVO
    CaseCORSAIR 900D
    Power SupplyEVGA 220-P2-1200-X1
    Keyboard CORSAIR K70
    Mouse LOGITECH G900
    OS Windows 10 64-Bit

Quote Originally Posted by Crashcourse316 View Post
    NIce. Mine just popped the factory menu two days ago. I unchecked the box and it went away and didn't come back. Not sure what caused it to come up in the first place. Also I got that weird moved line of pixels that got fixed with the firmware update.
    I have exactly the same problem. After disabling the tick boxes in the factory menu I cannot overclock the monitor. It always goes back to 144hz.

ROG Member Array vitalsine PC Specs
    vitalsine PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage V Edition 10
    ProcessorIntel Core i7 6850k
    Memory (part number)CMD64GX4M4C3200C16
    Graphics Card #1ASUS STRIX ROG 1080 GTX
    MonitorASUS ROG Swift PG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 960 PRO m.2 SSD
    Storage #2Samsung 950 PRO ssd
    CPU CoolerCorsair h110i
    CaseCM Stormtrooper
    Power Supply1600W EVGA Titanium
    Keyboard Razer Chroma
    Mouse Razer Mamba Tournament
    Headset Turtle Beach 450 Stealth
    Mouse Pad Razer Firefly
    Headset/Speakers Beringher Truth B201A Monitors
    OS Windows 10
    Accessory #1 BenQ BL2711U
    Accessory #2 4x 8tb Seagate Enterprise RAID 0

Sadly having the same issue. Thanks for all the input guys, I guess I am going to have to send 'er

New ROGer Array

Something similar with a PG258Q

This happened to me two days ago, but with the PG258Q. It was working fine since summer, and it just did that. I contacted support, and hope they can help me. I can't find anything related to the PG258Q regarding this.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5