cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G74SX and QSV?

chrisjpopp
Level 8
Hi everyone,

From what I understand, the Intel processor in the G74sx has QSV built in. I have just updated my Handbrake software and when I noticed that my encoding was crawling, I read online that enabling QSV in the settings would help with speed. However, Handbrake is saying that QSV is turned off and needs to be turned on.

I have done some more searching and can not find anything out about how to turn QSV on in Windows 10 (which is what I am running currently). From what I read on one site, QSV is on "by default" in Windows 8.1 and newer as long as it's activated... and that's all I got. I have no idea at this point what to do.

Was able to get into the BIOS and did not see a setting in there to turn QSV on (other sites had mentioned to do this with various models of other computers).

The ROG boards are great... except when trying to search for a 3 letter term. I get an error that the search can't be performed because it's not a large enough search term.

So here's this post - asking if anyone has ever come across this problem?

Thanks,
Chris
1 REPLY 1

Clintlgm
Level 14
Intel Quick Sync Video I have no idea if this is helpful or not but it what I found
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro