MonitorLG 34UM67-P 34" Class 21:9
    Storage #1Samsung 850evo 250g x2 raid0
    CPU CoolerWatercool Heatkiller IV
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX TG
    Power SupplyAntec Edge 750
    Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB Rapidfire
    Mouse Corsair M65 RGB
    Headset Sennheiser Gaming ONE

Ok so a couple day's ago Asus support got back to my inquiry on this subject.

"Based upon information that I was able to find the below recommendations would be for this motherboard. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns. Thank you.

Flow Meter

http://koolance.com/coolant-flow-meter-ins-fm14

nline sensor

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/13...=c229s579b189?

He also included tape on sensors and flow indicators but I don't have any use for those.

I think I'll be ordering these products to see how they do, maybe we can get some testing of more than one flow meter.

ROG Member Array

eveleigh greer

Quick update on the Aquacomputer flow meter, I checked in Aida64 and it reports the correct flow rate so the sensor values are being reported correctly in L/H, the issue is indeed with the bios/aisuite scale/calibration. (unless aida64 is taking the flow rate from the flow meter usb and not the water flow header, but I don't think it is)
    Last edited by Iormangund; 02-24-2017 at 12:10 PM.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Klute_Onren View Post
    Ok so a couple day's ago Asus support got back to my inquiry on this subject.

"Based upon information that I was able to find the below recommendations would be for this motherboard. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns. Thank you.

Flow Meter

http://koolance.com/coolant-flow-meter-ins-fm14

nline sensor

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/13...=c229s579b189?

He also included tape on sensors and flow indicators but I don't have any use for those.

I think I'll be ordering these products to see how they do, maybe we can get some testing of more than one flow meter.
    I grabbed this flow meter based on this thread and found out it is 2 pin and the mobo is 3 pin....any suggestions from here?

New ROGer Array out__there PC Specs
    out__there PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus IX Formula
    Processor7700K
    Memory (part number)16GB GSkill Trident RGB
    Graphics Card #1GeForce 650Ti
    MonitorSamsung 27" curved
    Storage #1350GB Samsung 960Evo NVME M.2
    CaseCorsair 460X
    Power SupplyEVGASupernova G3 750W
    Keyboard Logitech G15 RGB
    Mouse Roccat Tyon RGB
    Headset Turtl Beach PX21
    Mouse Pad Steel Series
    Headset/Speakers Logitech X-540 5.1 surround
    OS Windows 10

I also have a IX Formula installed and will be putting a WC system in soon. Anyone found a reliable water flow meter to use with the MB. Or has Asus offered any kind of information regarding it ?

New ROGer Array out__there PC Specs
    out__there PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus IX Formula
    Processor7700K
    Memory (part number)16GB GSkill Trident RGB
    Graphics Card #1GeForce 650Ti
    MonitorSamsung 27" curved
    Storage #1350GB Samsung 960Evo NVME M.2
    CaseCorsair 460X
    Power SupplyEVGASupernova G3 750W
    Keyboard Logitech G15 RGB
    Mouse Roccat Tyon RGB
    Headset Turtl Beach PX21
    Mouse Pad Steel Series
    Headset/Speakers Logitech X-540 5.1 surround
    OS Windows 10

I in fact emailed ASUS tech support regarding this issue. After sever attempts where I don't think they actually cared, I figured I'd put it more clearly to them...

"I recently asked for assistance in finding a recommended water flow meter to work with this board; (ASUS CASEID=WTM20170725235509722). Your reply, "Based on the provided information I understand that you are looking for a water flow meter. Unfortunately this is not something that we can recommend, I recommend you check with the manufacturer of your liquid cooler for further support with finding a water flow meter for it."

This in no way answers the request for technical help... This board comes with on-board connectors which allow you to connect sensors to monitor temperature and flow rate of you liquid cooling system; as described in the product manual - and used as a selling point in ASUS' advertising for the board.

However, there is no QVL either in the manual, or the Asus site, and no one is getting any assistance regarding which sensors will work with the board on the forums.

Asking me to check with my cooling vendor is not appropriate in this case - I need to know that the board will read the sensor! So ASUS should provide a list of sensors that work with it and will therefore allow me to "adjust the fans and water pump to optimize the thermal efficiency of your liquid cooling sysytem" - direct quote form the manual...

Please provide a correct response. If you advertising the product like this "ROG's innovative Water-Cooling Zone lets you monitor your cooling system like never before. ROG Water-Cooling Zone's dual water-temperature headers and flow-rate header feed information straight into ROG's intuitive Fan Xpert 4 utility ─ so you can stay on top of the heat and stay cool in every game! " - then I expect a QVL for the sensors I require to monitor the system.

So, I hope you now know the technical help I require and expect a reply that fulfills it.

Thank You."

Their reply:

"Unfortunately there isn’t a list of water flow sensors that have been tested on the motherboard, I cannot direct you to any specific sensor. All I can recommend is you check with the manufacturer of the cooler which sensors they can recommend."

WTF! I am at a loss now ...

If anyone has any info on sensors that positively do work with the onboard headers please let me know.

Thanks.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by out__there View Post
    I in fact emailed ASUS tech support regarding this issue. After sever attempts where I don't think they actually cared, I figured I'd put it more clearly to them...

"I recently asked for assistance in finding a recommended water flow meter to work with this board; (ASUS CASEID=WTM20170725235509722). Your reply, "Based on the provided information I understand that you are looking for a water flow meter. Unfortunately this is not something that we can recommend, I recommend you check with the manufacturer of your liquid cooler for further support with finding a water flow meter for it."

This in no way answers the request for technical help... This board comes with on-board connectors which allow you to connect sensors to monitor temperature and flow rate of you liquid cooling system; as described in the product manual - and used as a selling point in ASUS' advertising for the board.

However, there is no QVL either in the manual, or the Asus site, and no one is getting any assistance regarding which sensors will work with the board on the forums.

Asking me to check with my cooling vendor is not appropriate in this case - I need to know that the board will read the sensor! So ASUS should provide a list of sensors that work with it and will therefore allow me to "adjust the fans and water pump to optimize the thermal efficiency of your liquid cooling sysytem" - direct quote form the manual...

Please provide a correct response. If you advertising the product like this "ROG's innovative Water-Cooling Zone lets you monitor your cooling system like never before. ROG Water-Cooling Zone's dual water-temperature headers and flow-rate header feed information straight into ROG's intuitive Fan Xpert 4 utility ─ so you can stay on top of the heat and stay cool in every game! " - then I expect a QVL for the sensors I require to monitor the system.

So, I hope you now know the technical help I require and expect a reply that fulfills it.

Thank You."

Their reply:

"Unfortunately there isn’t a list of water flow sensors that have been tested on the motherboard, I cannot direct you to any specific sensor. All I can recommend is you check with the manufacturer of the cooler which sensors they can recommend."

WTF! I am at a loss now ...

If anyone has any info on sensors that positively do work with the onboard headers please let me know.

Thanks.
    that a real necro of me but who had finnaly get koolance flow meter working with w_flow ?

I have it hooked up and it only shows 0 galon/h not sure how that can be calibrated ?

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...ghlight=w_flow

It looks like Asus has some issues with interpreting the flow ration from W_FLOW header.

New ROGer Array

My experience

i have tested Barrowch OLED flow meter, its working well, but show in mobo bios near 2x more flow than on display ...
    its make some flow restriction and its look like flow direction matter.

temp sensor - i got connected together aquacomputer and phobya sensor and connected it to in and out, is difference beetwen 0,5 to 1 celsius at 30 celsius, aquacomputer sensor show higher data - i cant say what is closer to true ...

motherboard: asus formula XI
    flowmeter: http://www.barrowint.com/plus/view.php?aid=1211
    temp sensor: phobya 71227
    temp sensor: Aqua computer 53066
    Last edited by g.stryjewski; 04-20-2020 at 10:10 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2