cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750JH power supply problem? mainboard?

Devast
Level 7
Hello

I would like to share with You my problem, there is many similar threads but non really solves mine

I got problem with power supply (?) on my G750JH, problem occurs mainly while I start gaming - laptop is going to battery mode (bad power adapter?), but even when I close the game laptop int's going back to charging mode - is still using battery. OK so I shut dawn system, nothing happens, battery isn't charging at all. I got to take out battery (with inserted battery this step is not working) and then keep power button for 2 sec and after that G750 is going to boot - without doing this step laptop isn't going to start without battery. I had also checked cpu and gpu temps all are looking normal.

What is strange this problem seems to be occurring randomly, sometimes I am able to be gaming, but let's say after week problem is returning.

Anyone had similar problem or got any idea what it can be?
2 REPLIES 2

Armesis
Level 10
Could be a problem with the external power adapter maybe? Monitor the green LED when the laptop is on. Is it stable, or erratic? Try starting games and doing other activities and monitor the light. If the indicator is erratic or changing, the problem may be the power adapter, sometimes these adapters can fail especially if theyve been dropped or mistreated.

Lets hope its just the adapter. I imagine the internal power supply in the laptop will be expensive to replace...

As I sad, there is no rule, green light almost whole time is green, only when game starts it turns off immediately or blinks 2-3 times and than turns off, sometimes just after windows boot (there is no general rule), now for 2 days everything is all right so thats strange.
I have checked also power adapter with meter and i gives 19.5V as it should.