Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Asus G750: Mac OS X Mountain Lion

Sorry to get your hopes up, possibly thinking I had a tutorial for you :P

EDIT:

We have lift-off!! Thanks to Bozzified, we have OS X Mavericks working on our beast machine, the G750! Check his guide HERE.

but seriously, who plans on trying this? I know it's possible, every new OS X update becomes more and more compatible with PC hardware due to Macbooks iMacs etc becoming more and more like Intel PC's, not to mention I had Mountain Lion dual booted with Windows 8 pro on my old (and sold) Asus G51Jx-X5.

I know this machine is meant for gaming but... a lot of people love the OS X platform, and I do just about every form of multimedia so Final Cut Pro would be cool to be able to use :P

thoughts? (also, what about OS X Mavericks?)
    Last edited by x70xchallengerx; 11-03-2013 at 05:01 PM.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Hey, i tried to boot into the install of OSX 10.8, using Unibeast and Iboot. It would always kernel panic. I couldn't get it to even boot the installer. Let me know if you make any progress.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I haven't tried yet, but I should look for some guides for the G75 no? It's closer hardware-wise to this than my old G51 (which I made a guide for: LINK )

I used the MyHack installer which is what someone told me to use in an older OS X Lion tutorial for the G51

EDIT: This might be a good start: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/top...on-asus-g75vw/
    Last edited by x70xchallengerx; 07-13-2013 at 01:01 AM.

That's the exact problem i was having. The Montain Lion Installer doesnt detect usb 3.0.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Screw apple

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Tomislav's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by roryh86 View Post
    Screw apple
    WORD! But! If our "ugly, crappy PC's"(being sarcastic) can do this , one more point for the PC team !
    ASUS G75VX
    Win 8, i7-3630QM, 2,4 GHz, GeForce GTX 670MX, 8 GB Ram,120 Gb Samsung 840 SSD+750 Gb HDD

ROG Enthusiast Array

Essentially. I, for some weird reason, like Mac OS X ( the newer iterations ) and I like certain programs / apps like FCPX and stuff from the App store. Also, it's fun showing apple fanboys that I can run their sh*t on my superior piece of hardware I paid WAY less for than their laptop lols.

Not that I prefer OS X over Windows 8... I mean.. games. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Tomislav View Post
    WORD! But! If our "ugly, crappy PC's"(being sarcastic) can do this , one more point for the PC team !

Now someone needs to make a guide!

ROG Enthusiast Array

For some development work I have OS X installed under VmWare with my Windows 8 as the host. This setup works very well (for me anyway) - the laptop is powerful enough to run OS X in a reasonably fast manner.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Can you provide any tips to a successful install with OS X via VMware? I know there are "VMware images" pre made on certain torrent websites, but I'd like to take a whack at Mavericks if possible

EDIT: Yeah not gonna run mavericks yet, but downloading an OS X vmware image.

Quote Originally Posted by Xbcxbc View Post
    For some development work I have OS X installed under VmWare with my Windows 8 as the host. This setup works very well (for me anyway) - the laptop is powerful enough to run OS X in a reasonably fast manner.
    Last edited by x70xchallengerx; 07-14-2013 at 02:57 AM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast