cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPU Tweak II

Mazinga
Level 7
Why can't my GPU Tweak II show the monitor window?
I have Uninstalled and installed and again same problem?
12 REPLIES 12

Chino
Level 15

JustinThyme
Level 13
Mine got flaky too, cant lauch it like that Chino, button is grayed out. Sometimes it comes up on start up but lately hardly ever. Sometimes if you monkey with the two buttons in the setting by clicking on the gear it will go to working again. In there it has launch automatically and minimize on launch. I got it to work again by uncheking ht e launch automatically then closing it then launching and checking the box again and closing it then launching again and it comes up. I dont mess with it much as I have no fans and have other things watching the temps and clocks.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
Mine got flaky too, cant lauch it like that Chino, button is grayed out. Sometimes it comes up on start up but lately hardly ever. Sometimes if you monkey with the two buttons in the setting by clicking on the gear it will go to working again. In there it has launch automatically and minimize on launch. I got it to work again by uncheking ht e launch automatically then closing it then launching and checking the box again and closing it then launching again and it comes up. I dont mess with it much as I have no fans and have other things watching the temps and clocks.

Hey Justin,

Are you using version 1.4.0.8? I'll PM you with our beta version and let me know if it also occurs with the beta version.

Thanks,
Bahz

Bahz wrote:
Hey Justin,

Are you using version 1.4.0.8? I'll PM you with our beta version and let me know if it also occurs with the beta version.

Thanks,
Bahz

Which version should be used? Ver1.4.0.8 (2016/11/29) or Ver1.3.7.0 (2016/12/22)? I'm confused by this.
I'd like to deploy my troops in her country.

panzlock wrote:
Which version should be used? Ver1.4.0.8 (2016/11/29) or Ver1.3.7.0 (2016/12/22)? I'm confused by this.

Sorry for the confusion, our software team is getting this worked out with out service team whom accidentally updated another version to the downloads. Right now version 1.4.0.8 should still be the latest version. We'll be releasing a new version soon that addresses some of the issues mentioned by some other users.

Bahz wrote:
Hey Justin,

Thanks,
Bahz

Yes, 1.4.0.8.
Received and deployed package and its not doing it now. Checking out some other things with it while I'm at it and will PM you what I find. Nice to know there is always the next revision in the works!

Something else Id like to point out. When I uninstall any software, particularly those I'm having issues with, I have a set scheme I follow.
Uninstall the software, go to where it was installed and delete the orphaned folder. Run Ccleaner to remove orphaned registry entries. There are few uninstallers out there that don't leave behind orphans, GPU tweak is no exception.

If you update major drivers like chipset drivers without doing a clean install this is extremely important. You can count on a great deal of software to malfunction. At the suggestion of support I recently updated chipset drivers and had to uninstall and wipe all other drivers and a good bit of software, do the Ccleaner registry clean then reinstall.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
Yes, 1.4.0.8.
Received and deployed package and its not doing it now. Checking out some other things with it while I'm at it and will PM you what I find. Nice to know there is always the next revision in the works!

Something else Id like to point out. When I uninstall any software, particularly those I'm having issues with, I have a set scheme I follow.
Uninstall the software, go to where it was installed and delete the orphaned folder. Run Ccleaner to remove orphaned registry entries. There are few uninstallers out there that don't leave behind orphans, GPU tweak is no exception.

If you update major drivers like chipset drivers without doing a clean install this is extremely important. You can count on a great deal of software to malfunction. At the suggestion of support I recently updated chipset drivers and had to uninstall and wipe all other drivers and a good bit of software, do the Ccleaner registry clean then reinstall.

I totally agree with you, I always run CC Cleaner before I install another newer version of any software and by doing so has helped prevent any unnecessary issues from occurring.

I'm experiencing the same thing with the HWmonitor, I'm using 1.4.0.8 and nvidia driver 376.33. Brand new Build. Maximus IX Hero MB. ASUS GTX 1070.

JustinThyme wrote:

Today when I cold-started my computer and opened GPUT II, so did it work again?
But I must always start GPUT manually when I start my computer.
Auotostart not functioning.
Version 1.4.0.8