cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Maximus IX lineup

upsnef
Level 8
i had the chance to play a bit with 2 of the new ROG Z270 motherboard lineup and
they are just so amazing

the new Formula is one of best board on market

but the extreme is just.... spectacular

its clear Asus make a board for Watercoller enthusiasts, only with the number of pwm fans and pumps header, we know

the block is so amazing, all sensors and security is phenomenal

Dark Aura
Maximus IX Formula

White Shadow
Maximus IX Extreme

46 REPLIES 46

ondersma80
Level 7
Yes, these boards are so amazing with regards to build quality and design. They totally outshine the competition. These boards are demonstrating ROG’s commitment to providing cutting-edge performance! The Maximus XI Formula cements the brand’s reputation as the gaming community’s Choice of Champions! These motherboards are packed with world-leading innovations and ROG-exclusive technologies to deliver epic performance in for all gamers!

😉

wolfy
Level 8
My Z170 Maximus VIII formula Z170 is only 5 months old would it be worth updating
ROG MAXIMUS XI FORMULA
CPU: Intel 9900K @4.7 ghz
2 x Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4-3200
C16 BK DC - 16GB
1 x Aurous 2080Super 8GB
1x 500GB Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe
1x 500GB AData 8200pro M.2NVMe
2 X 500 GB SSD
1000w PSU from corsair
Tower Lian Li PC-O11DW Dynamic
1 x dell 34" curved + 1 x 24"
CPU and Motherboard.
NZXT Kraken X73 RG

Any thoughts on when the new ITX board will be released?

wolfy wrote:
My Z170 Maximus VIII formula Z170 is only 5 months old would it be worth updating

I can't see how any Z170 board would be worth updating to Z270 if there is an expectation if improved performance or useful features.

There are however reasons to update:

1) You enjoy taking apart a system and rebuilding with newer components.
2) You like the look of a particular new board.
3) You think a 32GB Intel Optane drive might the answer to your prayers.
4) You have or want two M.2 drives and want to put them in a R0 for benchmarking (though unrealistic) excitement.

For the record, I am saddened that no one enjoyed the humor of my 2nd post.

What the hell ASUS?! Where is the Maximus IX Impact?

Some might wonder just why anyone with an VIII Impact, would bother with an IX. No M.2, all we got was that useless Intel intermediary storage adapter thing and that's it; no one else, except for intel, supported that adapter in a plug and play-type product. I think, in fact, I know that ASUS need to give us an IX Impact and not repeat that mistake.

Another thing. Why is it that, when Impact is concerned, it gets the shaft as far as priority goes? Why not treat it like the ROG product that it is and have it shining bright alongside the Extreme, the Hero, and all the other 'Justice League' members at CES?

I am, mysharona, and I do own a Maximus VIII Impact and it's a fantastic little machine. I want a IX, please.

ondersma80 wrote:
For the record, I am saddened that no one enjoyed the humor of my 2nd post.

It made me smile. 🙂
In dreams, I walk with you.

Kiernon wrote:
It made me smile. 🙂

Yes! A modest, thoughtful, and measured reaction that perfectly condenses a complex set of feelings into a simple physical action. I consider this a success.

wolfy wrote:

Well, I bought the Maximus VIII Extreme late in its lifespan in October 2016 and I have just moments ago purchased the Maximus IX Formula and the i7 7700k which will arrive tomorrow.

There are however, the reasons I updated 🙂

1) Because I am stupid.
2) Because I am stupid.
3) Because I am stupid.
4) Because I am stupid.

But despite that, I got it mainly because the new board will look great all lit up in my Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Glass case.
W10 Pro - Phantek ATX Glass - Asus Maximus IX Formula - Zonar Phoebus - Intel i7 7700k - Corsair H115i - Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz - 1080ti Sea Hawk X - 3x Samsung 850 evo 1tb - 2x WD Black 2tb - Pioneer Blu-Ray - Corsair RM850 - Razer Deathadder Chroma - Razer Ultimate Stealth 2016 - BenQ XL2720Z 27 144hz Gaming Monitor - Oculus Rift

Hey OP, what case is the "White Shadow" using?

Thanks.