cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video Card fan died and cannot be repaired plz read

MRBULL
Level 10
Dear Valued Customer,

We apologize for the delay in processing your RMA as we were unable to repair your unit STRIX-GTX980TI-DC3OC-6GD5.

Unfortunately this model is currently out of stock. We have a comparable model STRIX-GTX980TI-DC3-6GD5 which can be offered to you at no extra cost.

so instead of offering me something a little better 😉 they offer me a none OC card ( my card was exactly 1 year and 1 day old ) when RMA was created.

i will wait a long time if i dont accept , what would you guys do ?

hopefully they dont send me a refurbished NONE oc version cuse im gonna be pist

Edited :

I've accepted the switch since it will be brand new in it's retail box
3 REPLIES 3

Michael-i7
Level 7
Well if it has the exact same pcb who care anyway. You can overclock it yourself just as far as an overclcked version will go. And I am positive it has the exact same pcb. Just like evga 1070 and 1070 sc same pcb can overclock the same speed. Only makes a difference when it's a ftw model. Trust me it will have the exact same outcome in overclock speeds which is by far the easiest component to overclock in my opinion. Either that or tell them to eat a **** and swap coolers or shrouds with yours since they can't repair it. But same pcb equals same exact fricken specs equals marketing ploy to charge extra for a factory overclock of 50-100mhz which you can achieve yourself in less than 15 seconds. Do you wanna game next week at the literally the same clock speeds after a 15 second set of adjustments or do you wanna cry about it. You're going to have a much easier time doing the smartest thing you've ever done which is sell the brand new opened 980ti to get something better than you would have had selling your used 980ti. My 1080 Ftw hybrid on these newest drivers have gained 20 fps in bf1 and tf2 and the division since the drivers 2 months ago. Literally I'm getting 145 fps on bf1 and tf2 on 1440p max settings. I was getting 120 two months ago. Get a 1070 after you sell that thing because the drivers for the 10 series are getting better as the nine series is being left in the dust. I had a 980 and it was getting slower for real. Sold it got the 1080 Ftw. But seriously Asus uses the same pcb on most their cards so it doesn't matter.

A quick search of them both just confirmed it, they both have a 14 phase pcb so it's literally te exact same graphics card. The exact same.

Take the card

Make sure you don't pay for anything....shipping....whatever.

price of doing business and you will probably get the same performance anyway. The OC cards are just normal cards that are factory overclocked AFAIK.

Be very careful when you install that new gpu tho any moisture will likely ruin it. Make sure you dry your tears with a very soft cottonelle brand tissue beforehand. I really hope not see another OMG PLZ HELP PLZ READ WHAAAAAAAAAAAA
Be careful plzzzzz