cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with fan controlling (Asus F556UV)

DanielePisano
Level 7
Hail all, I've recently bought an Acer F556UV laptop. I live in Italy and this one has one of the best settings available here, at least not for gaming only:

Intel i7-6500U 2.50 Ghz up to 3.1
12 GB RAM DDR4
512 GB SSD
NVidia GeForce 920MX with 1 GB dedicated (I repeat, I don't mainly play videogames)
And optic drive for CD/DVD which is good for my old games as Age of Empires III.

Now the problem. I can't control the CPU fan. And it's quite overnoisy because it goes do 3.000 RPM easily with GPU temp at only 45-50° C and sometimes even at 4.500 RPM with only 50° C and, of course, all the cores "cold" (30-35° C, max 45 they too). SSD is quiet but the fan ain't.

I've tried to use SpeedFan but apparently my motherboard (which I don't know the name since it says only "Basic" and "X556UV" under "Model") isn't supported because it recognises the speed fan but don't have the option to change it.

Then I've tried with RivaTuner, a program I used for overclocking in the past, and it doesn't work as well, I give the correct imput to block CPU fan at 2.700 RPM but it doesn't stop at 2.700, it goes to 4.500 RPM.

Then I find out that Asus started to use UEFI on PCs instead of BIOS. But I have BIOS. Not UEFI. So I can't control fan neither there.

I've tried to use a cooling base system and nothing, it seems the fan goes to 3.000-4.000 RPM even if the CPU is at 37° C (as now while I'm writing this thread), to update every damn driver in the PC (even the mouse! I've updated them ALL!) and the BIOS to version 310, but nothing changed.

Please help me because I can't see a FHD movie or copy a file without the noisy 3.500-4.000 RPM fan.

I know there should be a way to control my fan, because the system do it, but I'm not so technical to find the way to do it...
3 REPLIES 3

DanielePisano
Level 7
No one has any idea?

panzlock
Level 12
Hopefully someone has an idea because I have a similar issue with my ASUS X553M laptop.
I'd like to deploy my troops in her country.

AtlasMinor
Level 8
DanielePisano wrote:
Hail all, I've recently bought an Acer F556UV laptop. I live in Italy and this one has one of the best settings available here, at least not for gaming only:

Intel i7-6500U 2.50 Ghz up to 3.1
12 GB RAM DDR4
512 GB SSD
NVidia GeForce 920MX with 1 GB dedicated (I repeat, I don't mainly play videogames)
And optic drive for CD/DVD which is good for my old games as Age of Empires III.

Now the problem. I can't control the CPU fan. And it's quite overnoisy because it goes do 3.000 RPM easily with GPU temp at only 45-50° C and sometimes even at 4.500 RPM with only 50° C and, of course, all the cores "cold" (30-35° C, max 45 they too). SSD is quiet but the fan ain't.

I've tried to use SpeedFan but apparently my motherboard (which I don't know the name since it says only "Basic" and "X556UV" under "Model") isn't supported because it recognises the speed fan but don't have the option to change it.

Then I've tried with RivaTuner, a program I used for overclocking in the past, and it doesn't work as well, I give the correct imput to block CPU fan at 2.700 RPM but it doesn't stop at 2.700, it goes to 4.500 RPM.

Then I find out that Asus started to use UEFI on PCs instead of BIOS. But I have BIOS. Not UEFI. So I can't control fan neither there.

I've tried to use a cooling base system and nothing, it seems the fan goes to 3.000-4.000 RPM even if the CPU is at 37° C (as now while I'm writing this thread), to update every damn driver in the PC (even the mouse! I've updated them ALL!) and the BIOS to version 310, but nothing changed.

Please help me because I can't see a FHD movie or copy a file without the noisy 3.500-4.000 RPM fan.

I know there should be a way to control my fan, because the system do it, but I'm not so technical to find the way to do it...

Hi Welcome to forum and congrats on notebook,

Currently there is no overclocking allowed for Asus notebooks on winodws10. You will have to scan through all the way back to 2015 Asus news announcements to read the info yourself, but Windows10 Kernel is permanently locked by Bill Gates with no plan to ever unlock the OS anytime soon , because the entire world went to war with Ransomware.

The official announcements will just say Asus is sorry , but we can not overclock are notebooks, but most of us already found out why. You should be able to temporarily control your fan, but you will later have huge issues if you ever try to reset the notebook. Microsoft also has gone back on there word about Secure Boot and now is required to install the OS.

Not sure what manufactures will do about the problem but I guess everyone has their own excuse. Desktops however, you should be able to do what your trying to do, Windows-10 Mobile for notebooks is a no go as far as anything that changes anything from anything that isn't locked down.

Not sure how that all works but people can go completely invisible / unknown with a notebook on anonymous wifi networks at public places, and I guess the rich world got tired of it.

Hope this helps clear up the problems you might be seeing or will be seeing in the near future if you continue to try and unlock something Microsoft has locked themselves. Not Asus fault and us customers just have to put up with it until we go and buy something else for mobile usage.

Personally I know a few things have to be done, and can't. So I wont ever purchase another Microsoft mobile product ever again.