Thread: I am in hell

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Psycrow's Avatar

I am in hell

I had 3 monitors so far and they all had dead pixels and screen bleeding and IPS glow.
    Im fighting hard with ASUS in Denmark and the shop proshop where i bought the screen from.

They both claim they are not sure if they wanna refound my money due to many swappings and the screen has to be full of holes
    and have scars and scrathes and the light muct flicker and basicly the monitor must be in a state of exploding before ASUS will pay my money back..

Here is pictures to se my nightmare. So far im leaving ASUS for good. I have been faithfull costumer in over 15 years now, but it ends in 2017 !
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos Dead pixel 1.jpg  

Fail monitor.jpg  

**** Screen.jpg  

Dead pixel 2.jpg  

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Janne-71 PC Specs
    Janne-71 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus rog maximus hero viii
    ProcessorIntel skylake i5 6600k @ 4.6ghz
    Memory (part number)g.skill tridentz 2x8gb 3200mhz
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte 980ti gaming g1
    MonitorAsus pg279q 144hz
    Storage #1Samsung evo 850 ssd 500gb
    Storage #2Western digital 1tb hdd
    CPU CoolerCooler master hyper 212 evo
    CasePhanteks enthoo evolv atx
    Power SupplySeasonic 760-p
    Keyboard Corsair k95 mechanical
    Mouse Logitech g502
    Headset Akg k550
    Mouse Pad Razer goliathus
    Headset/Speakers Logitech z623 200w
    OS Windows 10 home

If that is pg279q it has zero dead pixel warranty for a year from purchase i believe...i switched my monitor and had no problems doing so after i found 1 dead pixel. I think same warranty goes for all rog swift monitors so basicly they have to change it if it has dead pixels.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Legolas PC Specs
    Legolas PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus X Hero Wifi AC
    ProcessorIntel Core i7 8600k oc 5Ghz
    Memory (part number)Samsung DDR4 16GB
    Graphics Card #1ASUS NVIDIA GTX 1080
    MonitorASUS MS246
    Storage #1Samsung MZVPV256
    Storage #2Samsung MZVPV256
    CPU CoolerCorsair H110I v2
    Power SupplyPC 1200W Turbo-Cool 1200
    Keyboard ASUS SK2045

Quote Originally Posted by Psycrow View Post
    I had 3 monitors so far and they all had dead pixels and screen bleeding and IPS glow.
    Im fighting hard with ASUS in Denmark and the shop proshop where i bought the screen from.

They both claim they are not sure if they wanna refound my money due to many swappings and the screen has to be full of holes
    and have scars and scrathes and the light muct flicker and basicly the monitor must be in a state of exploding before ASUS will pay my money back..

Here is pictures to se my nightmare. So far im leaving ASUS for good. I have been faithfull costumer in over 15 years now, but it ends in 2017 !
    Sorry to hear that. You should let them know that you have a bright Dot on the screen and they should honor ZBD policy tha they have.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Here's the Zero bright dot policy: https://www.asus.com/us/support/article/696/, does your monitor qualify?

Banned Array JustinThyme PC Specs
    JustinThyme PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G752VY-DH72
    MotherboardRampage VI Extreme
    ProcessorI9 9940X
    Memory (part number)64GB DDR4 8x8 Corsair Dominator Platinum 3800 MHz @ C17
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Strix 2080Ti O11G @ 2.1GHz
    Graphics Card #2ASUS Strix 2080Ti O11G @ 2.1Ghz
    Graphics Card #3ROG Nvlink
    Graphics Card #4Have to feed animals
    Sound CardExternal Audioengine D1 24 bit 192kbps DAC
    MonitorASUS PG348Q @ 100Hz
    Storage #1Intel 905P 480GB U2 flavor
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO 1TB X2 in RAID 0, 960 PRO 1TB DIMM.2_1
    CPU CoolerHeatKiller IV PRO and VRM blocks ,Dual D5 PWM serial, 2X 480, 1X 360 RADS
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Elite 8X LL120 PWM, 3X LL140 PWM, 12 SP120 PWM 1x AF140 PWM
    Power SupplyCorsair AX 1500i
    Keyboard ASUS Claymore
    Mouse ASUS Spatha, Logitech MX Master
    Headset Sennheiser HD 700
    Mouse Pad ASUS ROG Sheath
    Headset/Speakers Audioengine A5+ with SVS SB-1000 Sub
    OS Win10 Pro 1809
    Network RouterNetGear NightHawk X10
    Accessory #1 NetGear Prosafe 10GBe Switch
    Accessory #2 Qnap TVS-682 NAS modded with I7 CPU

If you have swapped this out more than once already I can perfectly understand their positions. I have the same monitor and if I turn the brightness to max (which I will never do for use) put it on a black screen (who watches a black screen all day, not me) and sit in a totally dark room I can see what is similar to what you have posted above. If I have a desk lamp on which I always do, that makes it diminish, If I go to an actual screen and put the brightness to where it belongs all I see is a beautiful picture with extremely vibrant and accurate color representation and viewing angle that is out of this world. New egg in the US even stopped taking returns from all IPS monitors over people swapping them out multiple times with unreasonable expectations.

IMO if you cant handle a screen that shows the attributes of every other IPS panel on the market take it back and swap it for something else the first time as in go back to a TN panel.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I wouldnt buy anything from proshop myself.I live in Norway and I always buys from komplett.no directly.I dont have any contact with anyone outside of komplett if I dont have to.
    Atleast here in Norway proshop is kinda like a shop most people avoid.
    Im not sure how Denmark is and how komplett.dk's costumer support is.
    If you really want the best monitors on the market,you kinda have to stick to Asus or Acer,but they both use the same panel

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array panzlock PC Specs
    panzlock PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS X553M, ASUS Zenpad 10 Z300M, ASUS X542BA-DH99
    MotherboardASUS P8Z68-V LX, ASUS Z170-A, ASUS ROG Strix B350-F Gaming
    ProcessorIntel i5-2500K, Intel i7-6700K, AMD Ryzen R7 1700
    Memory (part number)8GB Kingston 1333MhzDDR3 C9, 16GB G.Skill Aegis 3000Mhz DDR4 C16, 16GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz C16
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX 560Ti, ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1070 O8G OC, Sapphire Nitro+ RX Vega 56
    Monitor32" INSIGNIA 720p, 32" Samsung 1080p C32F391FWN, 32" ASUS 1440p VA32AQ
    Storage #1Seagate 150GB 7200RPM, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 2.5" 6Gb/s Solid State Drive (X2)
    Storage #2Seagate 500GB 7200RPM, WD Blue 3TB - 5400 RPM SATA 6 Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5 Inch
    CPU CoolerDeepcool GAMMAXX 300, Deepcool Lucifer V2, Wraith Spire
    CaseAntec Sonata, Deepcool Dukase V1, Deepcool Dukase V3
    Power SupplyATX 650, EVGA SuperNOVA 850 P2 (X2)
    Keyboard Logitech K220, MSI Interceptor DS4200 (X2)
    Mouse Microsoft 1850, Microsoft 4500, Gamdias Erebos LE, MSI DS 100, Redragon M601 Centrophorus
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z313, Logitech Z506 (X2)
    OS Windows 10 Home X64, Windows 10 Pro X64 (X2)

Oh...I thought this was a thread about marriage.

Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by Psycrow View Post

Unfortunately with all IPS panels especially with the high specification panels, there are going to be faults regardless. As some have mentioned, everyone has different expectations and usually for most people it's very high. Now with all the issues with IPS panels, people proactively try to look for an issue and hence the reason for so many returns. I can assure you at the time of testing each of the 3 monitors that you had so far didn't have any stuck pixels and the bleeding was within the industry recommended standard for these QC passed panel. Please note that it's an LCD after all and through shipping and temperature changes can cause the liquid crystals to shift and why some people are amazed how that certain monitor passed QC, well if it wasn't like that during QC testing then there's nothing we can do. I always recommend to those who expect nothing but perfect to hold off on IPS panels for now because the technology is still not mature enough for high specification panels and they're easily susceptible to conditions causing the panels to have high variability of change. In my personal opinion it's probably still better to stick with a high quality TN panel and wait another 2-3 years before going with IPS. I've already heard from more than 10 people who had extremely bad bleeding when they first purchased the product and they just lowered the brightness and ignored it, a few weeks/months later they turned up the brightness and the bleeding was almost completely gone. Of course this didn't occur with everyone that owned this monitor but there's quite a few cases and I believe this ties into my theory of these panels having "high variability for change" due to conditions.

It's very sad to hear that a long time customer like yourself decide to give up on a brand because of the recent issues with the purchase of this monitor, but please take in consideration that it's more so of a technology limitation rather than the QC efforts from ASUS. I hear everyday how someone either went from a bad experience with Acer IPS panel and then got a much better panel with ASUS or vice versa. The truth is that we get the same panels from the same supplier who QC'd all panels and stuck a QC passed sticker on each panel and we both QC'd those panels again, but through third party testing, ASUS was determined to have much more strict QC standards than Acer.

For your case, I can only recommend that you continue to exchange monitors until you get one that fits within your expectations or consider a TN panel like PG278Q instead.
    Last edited by Bahz; 01-18-2017 at 03:46 AM.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Crashcourse316 PC Specs
    Crashcourse316 PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Z97 Wifi-Pro
    ProcessorI7-4790k
    Memory (part number)32GB G-Skills
    Graphics Card #1MSI GEFORCE® GTX 1080 GAMING X 8G
    MonitorPG279Q
    Storage #1Samsumg 951 Pro m.2 512GB
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100
    Power Supply1600W 80 Platinum
    OS Win10

Thanks Bahz.
    Last edited by Crashcourse316; 01-18-2017 at 05:29 PM.
    I7-4790k OC 4.9 1.375v
    MSI Gaming X GTX 1080 OC core:2055Mhz Mem:5504Mhz

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you like what I post, hit that Rep button.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    If i'm posting here it's only because I'm at work and have nothing better to do other than solve your problems.