cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am in hell

Psycrow
Level 11
I had 3 monitors so far and they all had dead pixels and screen bleeding and IPS glow.
Im fighting hard with ASUS in Denmark and the shop proshop where i bought the screen from.

They both claim they are not sure if they wanna refound my money due to many swappings and the screen has to be full of holes
and have scars and scrathes and the light muct flicker and basicly the monitor must be in a state of exploding before ASUS will pay my money back..

Here is pictures to se my nightmare. So far im leaving ASUS for good. I have been faithfull costumer in over 15 years now, but it ends in 2017 !
8 REPLIES 8

Janne-71
Level 7
If that is pg279q it has zero dead pixel warranty for a year from purchase i believe...i switched my monitor and had no problems doing so after i found 1 dead pixel. I think same warranty goes for all rog swift monitors so basicly they have to change it if it has dead pixels.

Legolas
Level 9
Psycrow wrote:
I had 3 monitors so far and they all had dead pixels and screen bleeding and IPS glow.
Im fighting hard with ASUS in Denmark and the shop proshop where i bought the screen from.

They both claim they are not sure if they wanna refound my money due to many swappings and the screen has to be full of holes
and have scars and scrathes and the light muct flicker and basicly the monitor must be in a state of exploding before ASUS will pay my money back..

Here is pictures to se my nightmare. So far im leaving ASUS for good. I have been faithfull costumer in over 15 years now, but it ends in 2017 !

Sorry to hear that. You should let them know that you have a bright Dot on the screen and they should honor ZBD policy tha they have.
Sincerely,
Legolas

cljustin
Level 8
Here's the Zero bright dot policy: https://www.asus.com/us/support/article/696/, does your monitor qualify?

JustinThyme
Level 13
If you have swapped this out more than once already I can perfectly understand their positions. I have the same monitor and if I turn the brightness to max (which I will never do for use) put it on a black screen (who watches a black screen all day, not me) and sit in a totally dark room I can see what is similar to what you have posted above. If I have a desk lamp on which I always do, that makes it diminish, If I go to an actual screen and put the brightness to where it belongs all I see is a beautiful picture with extremely vibrant and accurate color representation and viewing angle that is out of this world. New egg in the US even stopped taking returns from all IPS monitors over people swapping them out multiple times with unreasonable expectations.

IMO if you cant handle a screen that shows the attributes of every other IPS panel on the market take it back and swap it for something else the first time as in go back to a TN panel.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

trylle
Level 7
I wouldnt buy anything from proshop myself.I live in Norway and I always buys from komplett.no directly.I dont have any contact with anyone outside of komplett if I dont have to.
Atleast here in Norway proshop is kinda like a shop most people avoid.
Im not sure how Denmark is and how komplett.dk's costumer support is.
If you really want the best monitors on the market,you kinda have to stick to Asus or Acer,but they both use the same panel

panzlock
Level 12
Oh...I thought this was a thread about marriage.
I'd like to deploy my troops in her country.

Bahz
Level 12
Psycrow wrote:

Unfortunately with all IPS panels especially with the high specification panels, there are going to be faults regardless. As some have mentioned, everyone has different expectations and usually for most people it's very high. Now with all the issues with IPS panels, people proactively try to look for an issue and hence the reason for so many returns. I can assure you at the time of testing each of the 3 monitors that you had so far didn't have any stuck pixels and the bleeding was within the industry recommended standard for these QC passed panel. Please note that it's an LCD after all and through shipping and temperature changes can cause the liquid crystals to shift and why some people are amazed how that certain monitor passed QC, well if it wasn't like that during QC testing then there's nothing we can do. I always recommend to those who expect nothing but perfect to hold off on IPS panels for now because the technology is still not mature enough for high specification panels and they're easily susceptible to conditions causing the panels to have high variability of change. In my personal opinion it's probably still better to stick with a high quality TN panel and wait another 2-3 years before going with IPS. I've already heard from more than 10 people who had extremely bad bleeding when they first purchased the product and they just lowered the brightness and ignored it, a few weeks/months later they turned up the brightness and the bleeding was almost completely gone. Of course this didn't occur with everyone that owned this monitor but there's quite a few cases and I believe this ties into my theory of these panels having "high variability for change" due to conditions.

It's very sad to hear that a long time customer like yourself decide to give up on a brand because of the recent issues with the purchase of this monitor, but please take in consideration that it's more so of a technology limitation rather than the QC efforts from ASUS. I hear everyday how someone either went from a bad experience with Acer IPS panel and then got a much better panel with ASUS or vice versa. The truth is that we get the same panels from the same supplier who QC'd all panels and stuck a QC passed sticker on each panel and we both QC'd those panels again, but through third party testing, ASUS was determined to have much more strict QC standards than Acer.

For your case, I can only recommend that you continue to exchange monitors until you get one that fits within your expectations or consider a TN panel like PG278Q instead.

Thanks Bahz.
I7-4790k OC 4.9 1.375v
MSI Gaming X GTX 1080 OC core:2055Mhz Mem:5504Mhz

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
If you like what I post, hit that Rep button.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
If i'm posting here it's only because I'm at work and have nothing better to do other than solve your problems.