cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would a z270 be a beneficial upgrade for a M8 Hero z170 6700k users

RaffieKol
Level 10
So I was just curious would a z270 be a beneficial upgrade for a Maximus VIII Hero z170 6700k users

Starting off I already know that there isn't much of a performance gain by upgrading to a 7700k (I think it was like 3% or 7% gain) and if you overclock the 6700k the gain is less than that.

but there are so many little bugs in the M8 Hero z170 i am wondering if the new M9 Hero z270 will have fixed these bugs like sonic studio, Ai Suite and etc...

with that being said

- will the 6700k work on a z270 (I mean it should both are 1151 socket)
- will the z170 users get the same software (Sonic Studio 3 instead of the Sonic Studio 2)
- will the z170 users run the same bios as the z270 users
5 REPLIES 5

RaffieKol
Level 10
Just seen that this was already brought up in the z270 forums if a admin would want to remove this thread I understand

emsir
Level 8
RaffieKol wrote:
So I was just curious would a z270 be a beneficial upgrade for a Maximus VIII Hero z170 6700k users

Starting off I already know that there isn't much of a performance gain by upgrading to a 7700k (I think it was like 3% or 7% gain) and if you overclock the 6700k the gain is less than that.

but there are so many little bugs in the M8 Hero z170 i am wondering if the new M9 Hero z270 will have fixed these bugs like sonic studio, Ai Suite and etc...

with that being said

- will the 6700k work on a z270 (I mean it should both are 1151 socket)
- will the z170 users get the same software (Sonic Studio 3 instead of the Sonic Studio 2)
- will the z170 users run the same bios as the z270 users

1. Yes Z270 supports 6. and 7. generation CPU
2. Don't know
3. I don't think so -

emsir wrote:
1. Yes Z270 supports 6. and 7. generation CPU
2. Don't know
3. I don't think so -

Thanks

I am really curious about the Sonic Suite 3 software I guess time will tell

RaffieKol wrote:
Thanks

I am really curious about the Sonic Suite 3 software I guess time will tell

A software(sonic suite 3) upgrade hardly justifies upgrading motherboard. I don't know will it be available for hero 8. Don't care either sonic suite i have is good enough.

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
I am concern that it will be same. I got offered the new motherboard line. if the actual crap programs stall z170, the z270 will be same. I fell VERY sad that Asus if not fixing any app. I got a z270 board on the way and I will not install it until all if fix. At least I got the sonic suit to work perfectly but the rest I try all. *
Learn, Play Enjoy!