cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Asus plan on releasing any other z270 options for mATX??? What about AM4???

Cobras_Rule
Level 7
Hey guys... So I know the new stuff has just been released and it all looks sweet. I guess what im wondering is should I just go ahead buy the RoG STRIX z270G Gaming or do you think they might release something like a RoG Maximus IX Gene? Then theres the other side of the fence... when Ryzen finally comes out will RoG make a mATX board for the AM4? Its been forever since RoG had a mATX board for AMD. Sorry for all the questions but im curious if anyone had any details! Thx!
:cool:
Asus Essentio CM1730

Motherboard : Asus z270G Gaming | CPU : Intel i7-7700K | Memory : G.Skill TridentZ 32GB@3200MHz | PS : Corsair GS800 | GPU : Sapphire NITRO+ RX 480 8G OC

Future Mods :
Video card: Sapphire NITRO+ RX 480 8G OC (crossfired)
11 REPLIES 11

OlMightyG
Level 8
Cobras_Rule wrote:
Hey guys... So I know the new stuff has just been released and it all looks sweet. I guess what im wondering is should I just go ahead buy the RoG STRIX z270G Gaming or do you think they might release something like a RoG Maximus IX Gene? [...]

I would like to know that, too. On the other side there wont be that much of a difference between a Maximus IX Gene and the Strix Z270G.
You find some sites on the internet that name a Maximus IX Gene but it also might be aome kind of an error or misinterpretation since some say that the "G" in Z270G stands for "Gene" and replaces the Maximus Gene.

Bahz
Level 12
We get asked that a lot since AM4 boards weren't on display at CES, I would have to say there are delays with the product schedule so unfortunately it means there could be some major changes to the existing samples we have now so that's probably the reason (my best guess) on why there aren't any information on the AM4 boards. It doesn't mean we don't love AMD as much as Intel, we're equally as excited about the next gen AMD boards.

Bahz wrote:
We get asked that a lot since AM4 boards weren't on display at CES, I would have to say there are delays with the product schedule so unfortunately it means there could be some major changes to the existing samples we have now so that's probably the reason (my best guess) on why there aren't any information on the AM4 boards. It doesn't mean we don't love AMD as much as Intel, we're equally as excited about the next gen AMD boards.

And a word about the Maximus IX Gene question?

OlMightyG wrote:
And a word about the Maximus IX Gene question?

No plans for a Maximus IX Gene.

Raja@ASUS wrote:

Thank you for your answer.
Dont get me wrong because I ask again: So the top tier micro-ATX board of ASUS will be the Strix Z270G? No additional post code, reset button, super high RAM clocks and so on for another µATX version?

OlMightyG wrote:
Thank you for your answer.
Dont get me wrong because I ask again: So the top tier micro-ATX board of ASUS will be the Strix Z270G? No additional post code, reset button, super high RAM clocks and so on for another µATX version?

Same answer.

Raja@ASUS wrote:
Same answer.

I am missing the "reboot into bios safe mode" and "reset overclock" buttons from the Gene VIII. Why did ASUS remove that stuff? They were very conveniant. As I read in the manual, now we have to rely on the feature that after the system hangs and we power it off some seconds, it automatically boots into safe mode. Or is there another option or jumper?

Bahz wrote:

Raja@ASUS wrote:

Thank you both for answering my questions! I appreciate it. Looks like its time to get me a z270G!
Asus Essentio CM1730

Motherboard : Asus z270G Gaming | CPU : Intel i7-7700K | Memory : G.Skill TridentZ 32GB@3200MHz | PS : Corsair GS800 | GPU : Sapphire NITRO+ RX 480 8G OC

Future Mods :
Video card: Sapphire NITRO+ RX 480 8G OC (crossfired)

Raja
Level 13
Just hold in the power button to force the system off. The subsequent POSt will be in safe mode. Easy enough.