cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z170 Pro gaming aura with Kaby Lake and Aura Sync?

twistedmjc
Level 7
Hey all.. Building a new machine and had a couple questions about this board. I, like many others, bought this board for the Aura control and Aura Sync, having missed the one single line in all the pages of info on both that states it does NOT have the RGB header (doh) but was wondering how and if Aura Sync works without it. And possibly a listing of which parts which work with it sans header. I was originally looking at the Geil Evo x memory kit locally but it requires the header to sync 😞

Also, there seems to be conflicting info as to the Kaby Lake support for the board. I've read several places that Asus had pushed out a bios update for the board back in Oct I believe to add support for the new gen Intel cpus, but when I go to the actual cpu support page, it states it was only supported from 3016 on, which was released 12/29. Since this board uses EZ flash and not flashback, I'd need an already supported cpu to flash 3016, which I don't have. It also states that cpu support was added in 2003 (I believe) and the two newer ones just added stability improvements.. Does this mean the cpus are actually recognized from 2003 on but just didn't function smoothly till the latest? Again just need to get to a point where I can access bios to flash 3016. My board comes with 2003 according to the sticker so just hoping I can drop it in and update, then install Windows and I'm good. Looking at the i3-7350k for cpu if that makes a difference..
0 REPLIES 0