cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AI suite

vex_sb
Level 7
Hello

Why my AI suite will not turn fans off in Smart mode ??? I check the box to auto turn off, but they still work ( it work under fixed rpm mode wich is useless )

I have watercooling setup, and i would like to have smart mode with curves but to have vents turned off until some point of temperature based on cpu/sensor temp
13 REPLIES 13

HeroVIII
Level 7
vex_sb wrote:
Hello

Why my AI suite will not turn fans off in Smart mode ??? I check the box to auto turn off, but they still work ( it work under fixed rpm mode wich is useless )

I have watercooling setup, and i would like to have smart mode with curves but to have vents turned off until some point of temperature based on cpu/sensor temp

Try to make the Q Fan in the BIOS; ( In the Advanced Mode, Monitor section and almost down the entire Q Fan ), then the 5 Way Optimization of the Ai Suite excluding the TPU section and in the FAN section enable the Benchmark option, then indicate in which box position you have the fans as you have connected your fans in The different connections: Sistem Fan ..., CPU Fan, CPU OPT, Water Pump etc ..., I hope you understand and help you.

JustinThyme
Level 13
Firstly what kind of fans are you running?

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

FuryA
Level 8
hi vex_sb
as Justin has mentioned which PWM Fan do You use?

Hi

I use noctua PWM's

vex_sb wrote:
Hi

I use noctua PWM's

Hi vex, do you have other Fans can test for Fan control
to confirm does it same? or try reinstall AI Suit and update the BIOS to latest version

FuryA@ASUS wrote:
Hi vex, do you have other Fans can test for Fan control
to confirm does it same? or try reinstall AI Suit and update the BIOS to latest version

Hi m8

Ok, i have other fans ( akasa black shadow i think ) , also pwm.

I have 3rd fresh win install this week, all time same. THe fans does not stop , the "fan spin up/down" time keeps reseting on every start of PC ( back to 255 second ) and i have checked "auto fan stop " . Maybe i am asking wrong question, should it stop completely if i want ??

It does stop in RPM fix mode if i put it on 0 , but in smart mode it is running on minimal speed

Latest ai suite, latest bios, Max viii impact board.

Also, one other question - how can i get some warning message if temp of my cpu rises above xy temp ???

Thanks for answer

vex_sb wrote:
Hi m8

Ok, i have other fans ( akasa black shadow i think ) , also pwm.

I have 3rd fresh win install this week, all time same. THe fans does not stop , the "fan spin up/down" time keeps reseting on every start of PC ( back to 255 second ) and i have checked "auto fan stop " . Maybe i am asking wrong question, should it stop completely if i want ??

It does stop in RPM fix mode if i put it on 0 , but in smart mode it is running on minimal speed

Latest ai suite, latest bios, Max viii impact board.

Also, one other question - how can i get some warning message if temp of my cpu rises above xy temp ???

Thanks for answer
´

Go in to BIOS and change to EZ mode. Look at your fan diagram and change each fan to PWM. . Hit F10 and yes. In Windows open Aisuite and do a fan test. When done assign where your fans are (front-rear- side-back. When done change all your fans to CPU in Source. Remember to save each fan settings!!!!. Go back to the fans you want to Auto-stop and SAVE each time you change something. VERY IMPORTANT!!! Now your fans run like you want. If uou want to change RPM just click on each fan temp setting and drag to the temp you want. =REMEMBER TO SAVE=!!!

Hi

Tried everything, no result

The fan on "chassis fan" connector is working fine, turning off depending on temperature, but all fans on extension card are not working as they should, fans are working on min temp instead of turning off 😞

I have the exact opposite problem fans, smart mode refuses to spool up / turn on my fans when the temperature is well above what I set my fans to already be spinning at 100% to be at. What's more, AI suite resets to defaults every time I reboot my computer. Anyone got a suggestion for a program that actually works, since AI suite clearly doesn't. Yes, all fans are working fine - I can get them to spin up with fixed RPM mode, or manually moving the slider in smart mode repeatedly, but it doesn't activate itself when running in the background.

EDIT: While taking a screenshot and uploading an attachment, GPU temperature went above 80C and overheated. GG Asus - your ****ty software is going to kill my GPU.