cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compatibility list for G20CB memory upgrades ?

chilinmichael
Level 10
Does anyone have a running list of compatible/known working memory upgrades for the G20CB? I wanted to upgrade to DDR4 3000 32GB but I want to know if it'll work first (hopefully)/what other memory upgrades have been done to our machines successfully, so far?
Asus G20CB - Core i7 6700, Nvidia GTX980, 16GB Ram, 256GB SK Hynix SSD, 1TB Samsung SSD.
4 REPLIES 4

chilinmichael
Level 10
*bump*, I know some of you have upgraded memory here, I'd like this to be a compiled list we can then sticky. Let's help eachother out.
Asus G20CB - Core i7 6700, Nvidia GTX980, 16GB Ram, 256GB SK Hynix SSD, 1TB Samsung SSD.

Welsh_Whoopee
Level 11
my question is............why do you need 32gb of ram and why the quick speed of the ram, 16bg is alot for gaming, or unless you are editing alot of videos etc....?

Welsh Whoopee wrote:
my question is............why do you need 32gb of ram and why the quick speed of the ram, 16bg is alot for gaming, or unless you are editing alot of videos etc....?

Simple: Virtual Machines. Also, since I'm running purely on SSDs, I may shut off Virtual Memory entirely.

chilinmichael wrote:
Simple: Virtual Machines. Also, since I'm running purely on SSDs, I may shut off Virtual Memory entirely.

yeah my machine was running I think 4-5 VR machines and yeah having the 32gb of ram would have helped, but mine came down to the cpu bottleneck rather then memory, yeah sounds like a good plan. let us know how that gets off 🙂