cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suddenly Slow Boot Times with Hero VII

Twelvepak
Level 7
About 3 days ago, system started taking a really long time to boot, and shut down. I haven't made any hardware or settings changes. When I shut down, the monitor turns off immediately, but the guts of the system take about 3 minutes to shutdown. Boot up takes about 5 minutes now, before I get to the Windows log-in screen. Once Windows finally loads, everything is lighting quick as usual. During the boot up, the board is showing code 40 for a long time. That code is not in my manual, so in doing some research here, it appears code 40 means the PC is waking up from sleep mode. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with the problem or not, but I'm definitely not putting the PC in sleep mode when I shut down, not intentionally anyway.

Anyone have any troubleshooting tips? I can't figure out what to look at to see what the issue is.

Thanks,

UEFI Version: Unknown (where do I find that)?

CPU: i5-4670K

Memory: Gskill Sniper 16 Gigs

GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti

Drives: Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB, a couple of 1TB HDD's, and a 500 GB HDD that has suddenly vanished from windows

PSU: Corsair HX850i
1 REPLY 1

Twelvepak
Level 7
I would like to thank you all for your tremendous support and assistance in solving my issue..............

Turns out the problem was one of my HDD's seems to have died. It was a storage only HDD, so no biggie, but it was causing the horrid long boot and shutdown time. Once I unhooked it, everything is back to normal.

Couldn't have done it without you...............