cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus VIII Extreme BIOS 3007

nightstrike
Level 7
I've seen a lot of posts about issues using the 3007 BIOS on the Hero. Do these problems prevail on the Extreme? It was released Dec 30, 2016, and it's still available as the most recent BIOS version. Is it a worthwhile upgrade? Has anyone tried it out on the Extreme yet?
22 REPLIES 22

Menthol
Level 14
It's the best bios for kabyLake, other than that it probably won't have anything new since 2002, or previous to that even.

JustinThyme
Level 13
Im a bit disappointed that its not released for the Extreme assembly so I can try it out. Seems this board has been left out in the cold on a lot of updates. I asked support if the two were interchangeable and if it was just an oversight on not updating the Extreme Assemblies web page as I wanted to run to try the Kaby Lake 7700K (just because I cant at this point LOL) and listed in detail the BIOS and drivers that were currently installed. Of course All I get is the standard generic responses. First was, Im sorry blah blah blah, I will forward this to next level support. Second response told me to update to BIOS 2202 and the latest drivers listed on the download page which I had done long ago, as in the same day I started up the system from a new build, Actually the chipset driver has been updated from intels downloads, the wifi from broadcom as they dont even have one listed on the Extreme assy page and of course as with any the graphics drivers. I have to say its almost as if its just a machine response or C&P response. Im not going to venture into installing Kaby lake on this board as its too much of a PITA. Full cover block means I have to remove the MOBO to make the change which means draining the loop and disassembly of the PETG tubing. Too much work for a maybe, especially if I have to do it twice to put the 6700K back. Im not going to bother with the Z270 as Im holding out for the X299 and skylake X later in the year. Some sources say second half but they have already sent out engineering samples.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Not_Enough_Rage
Level 11
I was going to update my Extreme MB bios, but it won`t update it. It says it is already the latest bios, (2202) but it`s not.
I always update my bios using EZ Flash 3. For some reason it won`t update by this method.

Not_Enough_Rage wrote:
I was going to update my Extreme MB bios, but it won`t update it. It says it is already the latest bios, (2202) but it`s not.
I always update my bios using EZ Flash 3. For some reason it won`t update by this method.

Do you update with EZ Flash through Internet? You can always download the new BIOS (if available on the page with updates for your MB) and put it on a USB stick and flash the BIOS from there.

Not_Enough_Rage wrote:

There is always more than one way to skin a cat.

Download the BIOS, put it on a USB that is formatted fat 32 then use the bios flash back feature. Refer to manual for instructions.

On another note I have confirmation from a reliable source, who took the time to check with the engineering dept, that this 3007 BIOS will work on the extreme assembly as well although its not on this MOBOs DL page. That page gets left out in the cold for a lot of the updates!

Thanks brother Bahz!

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

I have updated my bios to 3007 and I had some issues using this version, so I decided to downgrade to the previous version (2202) via usb bios flashback. During the boot, I recived this message:

Initializing Intel(R) Boot Agent CL v0.1.05
PXE-E05: The LAN adapter's NVM configuration is corrupted or has not been initialized. The Boot Agent cannot continue.

After this message, Windows start without internet connection.

What I can do to solve this problem?

brenopapito wrote:
I have updated my bios to 3007 and I had some issues using this version, so I decided to downgrade to the previous version (2202) via usb bios flashback. During the boot, I recived this message:

Initializing Intel(R) Boot Agent CL v0.1.05
PXE-E05: The LAN adapter's NVM configuration is corrupted or has not been initialized. The Boot Agent cannot continue.

After this message, Windows start without internet connection.

What I can do to solve this problem?

Have you tried clearing your CMOS?

Chino wrote:
Have you tried clearing your CMOS?

Yes, I tried but no changes.

I was reading some forums and it seems that during the bios update I lost the MAC address. There are some ways to recovery, mainly because the internet on bios is working, but I don't know what/how to do.

JustinThyme wrote:
There is always more than one way to skin a cat.

Download the BIOS, put it on a USB that is formatted fat 32 then use the bios flash back feature. Refer to manual for instructions.

On another note I have confirmation from a reliable source, who took the time to check with the engineering dept, that this 3007 BIOS will work on the extreme assembly as well although its not on this MOBOs DL page. That page gets left out in the cold for a lot of the updates!

Thanks brother Bahz!

No problem, I already asked our MB team to also add that BIOS to the Extreme/Assembly downloads.