cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Unsubstantiated rumor] Asus Z270 Boards temperatures

Mentas
Level 7
Asus Z270 Boards over heating

I Have read some reports on Z270 Boards being 10 to 15c more hotter then Z170 boards. can anyone explain is there any issue here.even the z170 boards where hot while gaming but if these Z270 boards even gets hotter about 15c seems way to high.
4 REPLIES 4

JustinThyme
Level 13
Can you offer anything other than rumor mill? Any experience with this personally? What is running hotter, there are a lot of monitored points on the boards? What specific board? What hardware is coupled with that board? What case is it in? What PSU is supplying power? How many drives are attached? Air or liquid cooled? How many fans? Are the fans configured correctly to aid in proper flow and cooling?

Maybe attach a link to where the posts of conjecture are occurring.
Just not enough info here.

Im running a Z170 M8E and have loaded the crap out of it for very long periods and have not experienced any overheating.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Mentas
Level 7
Z170 boards where in fact hotter then z97 thats not a rumor i can tell you that now. i have had every ROG hero Board to date.

My friend has a new Hero Z270 with a decent 280 AIO and he says hes TEMPS are Higher and a saw some posting on OCN also similar stating that Z270 Boards are warmer.

Menthol
Level 14
Mentas,
Do you mean temps of the motherboard itself or CPU temps, can you please be more specific

Not to sound mean but without screenshots of something as verification it is impossible to pinpoint any component that may or may not be responsible

If your talking about CPU temperature, that could be the difference of the frequency the newer CPU's run at, for instance a 6700K default is 4.0ghz - 4.2 Turbo, a 700K default is 4.2 ghz - 4.5 Turbo, that is a hefty boost in clock speed and could explain some temperature increase with all else being the same. The same was true for the 4770K to 4790K, it was not the board or platform it was the mhz increase of the new CPU's

I don't see how the board could increase heat output unless the board had other components that increase heat like a PLX chip to add additional pcie lanes for sli

Mentas
Level 7
Temps of the motherboard, But the extra OC on the 7700k could stress out the VRM CIRCUIT on the board and ad more heat