Hey guys,

I have just put together a new system consisting of:

Asus ROG Maximus IX Formula
Intel i7 7700k
16 Gb Corsair Dominator Platinum
Kingston Savage 480Gb SSD
2Tb WD Black HDD
Windows 10 Pro

Everything went together ok, installed windows then used the disk to install MB drivers and apps. All worked ok except for the onboard sound. I get the yellow triangle with an exclamation mark next to the Realtek High Definition Audio in device manager and it says this in details:

Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)

So I went onto the Asus website and downloaded the drivers they have there. I uninstalled the old drivers and installed the downloaded drivers and still get the same problem. If I login to windows under the diagnostic mode and pick the option for ignore unsigned drivers it works but that is a pain in the butt to do.

I put in my Asus Xonar Phoebus Soundcard just so I can have sound but want to use the onboard SupremeFX.

Can anyone help with this problem?

Cheers
Dave359WA
18 REPLIES 18

JustinThyme
Level 13
Stupid question but when you were doing drivers you did start with the chipset followed by the MEI then everything after that?

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Hi Justin,

The Asus disk does a install all option which it installed from the top and worked through each install. Just looking at the installation disk again, it does the intel chipset drivers first.

Hastin
Level 7
Dave359-WA wrote:

Can anyone help with this problem?

I've got the same problem on the ASUS Maximus IX HERO as well, looks like the drivers on the website are the same on the Disc, and both are not signed correctly.

Tried manually pointing Device Manager at the folder and the same problem.

Until we get an updated driver from ASUS, this is going to be a problem. I'm using the stock Windows High Definition drivers for now, but hoping that this gets updated by ASUS.

Buellersdayoff
Level 7
Press and hold the Shift key on your keyboard and click the Restart button.
driver-signature-enforcement-restart
Choose Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings and click the Restart button.
When your computer restarts you’ll see a list of options. Press F7 on your keyboard to select Disable driver signature enforcement.
Your computer will now restart and you’ll be able to install unsigned drivers. REBOOT

marcelmaria
Level 7
download the sound driver via intel.com v.6.0.1.7982 `

The driver from asus version V6.0.1.7960

The asus drivers are beta.

Bueller - I've done that and the sound/drivers work WHILE in that mode, but as soon as you start windows next time the normal way, the drivers - Realtek HD Audio does NOT work.

I agree with Hastin, we will have to wait.

I am going to look at the intel.com drivers Marcelmaria has suggested, can't hurt to try them

Dave359-WA wrote:
Bueller - I've done that and the sound/drivers work WHILE in that mode, but as soon as you start windows next time the normal way, the drivers - Realtek HD Audio does NOT work.

I agree with Hastin, we will have to wait.

I am going to look at the intel.com drivers Marcelmaria has suggested, can't hurt to try them

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26476/Realtek-ALC-Audio-Driver-for-Intel-NUC-Kits-NUC7i-x-...

marcelmaria
Level 7
It works ?