cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LN2 in a box

Menthol
Level 14
While in Vegas I watched this in action, I had heard something about an LN2 system that would automatically keep a set temperature but when in their box it eliminates icing on components, I talked to the company owner who was competing, very nice guy as everyone at the event was. I wish I had taken my camera to the event. You can set the desired temperature using a connected tablet or laptop, the pot has a heater, a little costly but unique for sure
http://www.lnlcooling.com/

2 REPLIES 2

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Not sure the purists are going to like this...but it's the way forward for sure...isolates the available moisture that can condense and makes the whole icing up thing a thing of the past...nice idea put into practice

Henkenator68NL
Level 13
This Method is not new, at least in the industrial area. Large systems running super conducted systems need cool. So what they do is enclose the parts that net to be cooked. Than they purge the air that's trapped in the enclosure replacing is by ln2. So the parts normally condensated because of the temp difference from the hotter air and the way colder stuff like a motherboard✓cpu etc. So there is nothing like that with the purged enclosure. And you have a similar solution as described. The industrial way is not as easy in use as what the for.entioned people have built. But it might be interesting certainly ass it will probably save a lot of money in busted hardware.