cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PG278Q flickering -.-'

peanut2007uk
Level 7
hi, ever now and then I see the screen flickering stupidly fast, it happens in games (not a lot) and in desktop mostly. any way to fix this? as its doing my eyes in seeing it.. after all its suppose to be flicker free and clearly its not. desktop is 1440p 144hz games are the same running with a rog strix 1080.

Any settings I'm missing?

V-sync is off
G-sync is on
monitor is on the 144hz setting too.

Thanks in advance
1 REPLY 1

Crashcourse316
Level 9
To clarify what you are seeing. by stupidly fast do you mean it happens one time and lasts a short length time or do you mean its happening at fast rate many times? does it look like a flicker in brightness, or does it look more like the screen freaks out and comes back after like a tenth of a second.

test solution
since this forum has seen this many of times recently, wait till it starts happening again and you know it will continue, then change your monitor to 60hz . your eyes will suffer for a time being at the measly 60fps but if it fixes your issue buy a new cable or swap it with one that you already have. DP 1.2 or higher.

My cable along with a few other users have reported their original cable from the box going bad. I think ASUS cheaped out on the cable that was included.Also, To explain why the flicker happens mostly in Desktop and not in games is due to purely the number of frames/data being run through the cable. Your desktop is going to use the most bandwidth on the cable due to it being a solid 144/165OC FPS with no drop in frame rate making the desktop needing more bandwidth than games. Games you will see a varying number of FPS usually not pouring out a straight 144fps through that cable. If the 60fps change fixes the flickering issue the solution most likely is a new cable.
I7-4790k OC 4.9 1.375v
MSI Gaming X GTX 1080 OC core:2055Mhz Mem:5504Mhz

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
If you like what I post, hit that Rep button.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
If i'm posting here it's only because I'm at work and have nothing better to do other than solve your problems.