cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z270 Maximus IX Hero - Windows forcing old Intel Ethernet I219-V driver

d5aqoep
Level 8
I was so fed up of this behavior that I upgraded to ASUS Z270 Maximux IX Hero (From Z170 Ranger). Stock Bios 0503 did not make Windows 10 to force install this old driver. But After updating to it's latest BIOS 0701, Windows is again shoving 12.13.17.7 down the updates even though I have 12.15.23.8 as latest version installed.

Only two things work to make the new driver stick

• Let Windows install the wrong old driver 12.13.17.7. Install 12.15.23.8 manually using update driver wizard. Then run Windows update and Windows will again override it with 12.13.17.7. Now from driver tab of device manager, click on Roll Back Driver and select the first or second option as reason of roll back.
  • Let Windows install the wrong old driver 12.13.17.7. Download and run RAPR from here. Make sure you run it as admin mode. Click on Enumerate and select the faulty driver and FORCE DELETE. Then download WUMT x64 or x86 from here. Run it as admin and search for updates. Now it will show you that Intel driver is available for update. Select it and click on H (Hide button)

Also
Make sure you disable this setting
0 REPLIES 0