Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by ruhm123 View Post
    Yeah, the same thing happens to me too and it's getting pretty frustrating. Can you tell me what temps your GPU is getting at through SpeedFan? Mine starts at roughly 42 degrees after a cold boot but then after about 10 minutes climbs to 55 and the fans start to kick in.
    I'm not sure if it climbs to about 55 and then the fans start, I'll take a look next time it does it. Right now I'm at idle and GPU is 44, with the fan basically silent, and it hasn't spun up randomly today. It seems sometimes it does it all day and sometimes it never does it at all.

When the fan is going crazy it's at something like 44 degrees too.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I spoke too soon, it's just started going like crazy. Temps didn't go above about 45 as far as I could tell.
    Last edited by 0x542; 01-21-2017 at 07:17 PM.

New ROGer Array

possible solution

I found something that seems to make a small difference. If you go to power options -> advanced power settings -> processor power management -> system cooling policy -> passive the fans become a bit quieter but the system is a little warmer. If you're willing to make that trade off it should make the fans a bit quieter.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Unfortunately that doesn't seem to have any effect for me...

ROG Enthusiast Array

God this is doing my fckin head in, it's been doing it all day today, going to have to RMA soon

ROG Enthusiast Array

Nobody else having this problem?

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

this might be how asus programmed the thermal policy.
    that is, it will let the gpu get warmer and warmer, then spin very fast to cool it down, instead of letting the fan run constantly at low rpm. i dunno.

it might be better for you all to email tech support and ask the engineering team if they can reprogram the bios.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by link626 View Post
    this might be how asus programmed the thermal policy.
    that is, it will let the gpu get warmer and warmer, then spin very fast to cool it down, instead of letting the fan run constantly at low rpm. i dunno.

it might be better for you all to email tech support and ask the engineering team if they can reprogram the bios.

It's definitely not intentional, my CPU right now is 42 degrees and my GPU is 41, and the GPU fan is spinning at full speed and has been since 20 minutes ago

ROG Enthusiast Array

Also the max speed fan has a very bad effect on my battery life, the estimated time left plummets a few minutes after the fan starts spinning

ROG Member Array

Hi 0x542,

I have the same problem.
    When I get to my Notebook and the room is cold, the GPU fan often goes to full speed when the system is idling. When the room has warm temperatures, the GPU fan makes no problems at idle.

Very annoying problem.

Fox

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast