silverjoel07 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS ROG G751JT
    MotherboardG751J
    ProcessorI7 HQ4710 HASWEL
    Memory (part number)16 GB DDR3 1600MHZ
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA GTX 970M 3GB

What is your experience with the new asus rog g752vs ? - thinking to buy

Hi every one!!

I am thinking to buy a new asus rog g752vs laptop (i7-6700hq, 16gb ram, gtx 1070), and i just want to know before, how is the experience in game that all of you have with the new laptop?

Thanks!!

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

I'm happy with my G752VS. I can tell you it's exceptionally quiet in both idle and gaming. I think it helps that the vents point straight out the back and not the sides like other brands.

I didn't buy the cheapest laptop, my ROG was more than MSI or Gigabyte. What I got though, was a better value. For my purchase, I spent $100 more and got a 512 GB SSD (vs 128 and 256GB) and I got an IPS display. MSI at the $2K price point only had a TN. So I spent more and got more for it. I'm quite happy with the gaming experience and performance of the laptop, but I was pretty let down by Asus support. Just keep in mind that unless you live near a support center, you'll have to send it in for a few weeks for issues you have. I have a minor issue with my power supply that it would trip a GFI breaker on another separate electric circuit. Asus wouldn't just trade me out a power supply but instead told me that I had to send the whole thing in to them, at my expense. Yeah right. I literally shut power off to the house and swapped the lines in the breaker panel left to right so that the GFI breaker was on a separate feed.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

I have a G752VY. Most unreliable laptop ever, the screen and keyboard were changed after 5 months, and now (2 months later) the screen is failing again. There is a constant popping sound from the speakers which is standard on all rog laptops, and the biggest issue is that alot of games stutter and lag when installed on the HDD. The only solution is to install them on the SSD, which is limited. I will be upgrading the storage soon at my own expense. This is the most unreliable laptop/pc ive ever built/owned since the 90s. At the ASUS repair center, i had to queue behind 3 other people who were sending 2 phones and 1 laptop. This was in the middle of the week, at about 4pm.

I cannot in the right conscience recommend this brand to anyone. Whatever your choice though, i wish you the best.
    Last edited by Armesis; 01-12-2017 at 07:11 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array Sheltem PC Specs
    Sheltem PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS G752VS-GB139T
    MotherboardIntel® CM236 Express Chipset
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-6820HK (2.7GHz @ 3.4GHz -80.1mV adaptive, 8MB Cache, 4 cores, HT)
    Memory (part number)4x Samsung 16GB DDR4-2400MHz (M471A2K43BB1-CRC)
    Graphics Card #1ASUS NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (1493/2077/1695 MHz, 8GB GDDR5 [Samsung])
    Monitoracer Predator X34 (Curved 34", UWQHD 3440x1440@100Hz, IPS, G-Sync)
    Storage #1Toshiba NVMe THNSN5512GPU7 TO (SSD, 512 GB)
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO 1TB (SSD, SATA3)
    Keyboard Logitech G910 (Orion Spark)
    Mouse Logitech PRO
    Mouse Pad Logitech G440
    Headset/Speakers Edifier S330D
    OS Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
    Network RouterLinksys WRT1900AC (Stock OS)
    Accessory #1 TP-LINK SG1005D

For me personally, I have had no issues so far with my G752VS. I have read quite a few threads about the display quality, perhaps this issue doesn't apply for my laptop as it has a 4K @ 60Hz, which is of a different make than the FHD ones (ASUS quotes color quality as the primary difference).

The laptop does have some odd issues (this is ASUS install; not a clean OS install), but all of them seem to disappear immediately after I execute 'powercfg /energy'. This might be related to some of the preinstalled software; haven't had the time to do a serious investigation.

The gaming performance is truly good (this is a laptop, after all), as can be expected from something with GTX 1070. Under a heavy load, the fans are definitely audible, but I have had laptops that do much worse with a single fan (even when disassembled and any dust removed). When not under a load, the laptop is silent.

I am using an external keyboard and mouse, so I cannot comment on the quality of those.

As far as the HDD stuttering is concerned, I have had run into this issue on another laptop, when I had a game on an SSD with the screenshot folder symlinked off to the HDD. Saving the first screenshot would lock up the game window for a few seconds.
    Still, I would advise against putting HDDs in the laptop, if possible. After all, you will be paying good money for it, so why go cheap on the storage?

I do have the speaker popping sound on every unmute, and as you can see, it's a typical issue that is likely not going to be fixed/resolved/dealt with. You'll just have to decide if you can live with it.
    Last edited by Sheltem; 01-12-2017 at 08:04 PM.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Buggsy View Post
    I'm happy with my G752VS. I can tell you it's exceptionally quiet in both idle and gaming. I think it helps that the vents point straight out the back and not the sides like other brands.

I didn't buy the cheapest laptop, my ROG was more than MSI or Gigabyte. What I got though, was a better value. For my purchase, I spent $100 more and got a 512 GB SSD (vs 128 and 256GB) and I got an IPS display. MSI at the $2K price point only had a TN. So I spent more and got more for it. I'm quite happy with the gaming experience and performance of the laptop, but I was pretty let down by Asus support. Just keep in mind that unless you live near a support center, you'll have to send it in for a few weeks for issues you have. I have a minor issue with my power supply that it would trip a GFI breaker on another separate electric circuit. Asus wouldn't just trade me out a power supply but instead told me that I had to send the whole thing in to them, at my expense. Yeah right. I literally shut power off to the house and swapped the lines in the breaker panel left to right so that the GFI breaker was on a separate feed.
    ummmm excuse me, g752vs is not IPS. Ads is wrong -.-*

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by AsusYoyo View Post
    ummmm excuse me, g752vs is not IPS. Ads is wrong -.-*
    But it is. 75hz IPS screen by LG. A really common screen for top laptops in the last 2 years or so. A good screen.
    Someone used the "IPS" screen as a plus. That could be a mistake. I would accept the MSI GT73VR TN 120hz panel instead of my G752VS IPS panel. But either way, its a good panel.

On-Topic. Its a good laptop. The performance is almost desktop-level, and it has a great plus. Its really quiet (for a high-level gaming laptop). That is why I bought it and returned a similar-specced Clevo. Its aexpensive for what it offers, but I would recommend it anyway. It has some quirks with the usb's, over-voltage and Quality Control, but if you get a good unit its a great machine after proper dial-up.

I'm getting 14k+ firestrike on my unit and the temps are well controlled. I run hours of witcher 3 (everything maxed) and its a joy.

You can get a lemmon unit, but that can happen for any of the competing laptops. I would also consider the GT73VR from MSI, if the price is competitive where you are.

ROG Member Array

That's interestig. As there was so many complaints about the g752vs-xb72/8k being miss leaded on the ips panel, I thought it couldn't be possible unless its replaced. Nonetheless, it's a awesome gaming laptop so far for me! I've got the oc edition but I uninstalled gaming center and still managed to get 13,590 fire strike .*

Ps. Miguel, I've sent u a private message, if you got time, take a look TY for your help!*

ROG Guru: White Belt Array silverjoel07 PC Specs
    silverjoel07 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS ROG G751JT
    MotherboardG751J
    ProcessorI7 HQ4710 HASWEL
    Memory (part number)16 GB DDR3 1600MHZ
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA GTX 970M 3GB

Thanks to every one for the replay.
    I bought already the model G752VS-RB71, have to wait a weak more or less...
    I have a G751Jt-DH71 and I got 50+FPS on witcher 3 with everything ultra without hairwork.
    Do you think that it could be posible to play this game with everything ultra + nvidia hairwork at 60+FPS?

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by silverjoel07 View Post
    Thanks to every one for the replay.
    I bought already the model G752VS-RB71, have to wait a weak more or less...
    I have a G751Jt-DH71 and I got 50+FPS on witcher 3 with everything ultra without hairwork.
    Do you think that it could be posible to play this game with everything ultra + nvidia hairwork at 60+FPS?
    I currently have the g752vs oc edition, no gaming center, throttlestop @ 3.8ghz with -90mv. Full ultra without HAIR 60fps with cpu at 80c and gpu at 73c(3-4horts gamplay temp). My previous set up was -100mv with full ultra and hair at 60fps, cpu 85c, gpu 73c BUT it crashed after just 10minute. I'm not sure if it's the -10mv differences or the hair work causing cpu temp spikes that crashed it. I'll get back to you once I do another 3-4hours with hair work at -90mv tomorrow.

Back to your question: Yes, highly possible. *

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Yep, mine is definitely an IPS, and it's a plus. I personally can't tell the difference between 75 and 120 hz. Ok, I can tell the difference when it's side-by-side and a demo running that highlights it. In game, I can't tell a difference. And Even more honestly, I'm going to turn up the graphics settings on every game to the point that I'd never hit 120 FPS. On the other hand, I have a gorgeous display with amazing color reproduction, no ghosting, and perfect viewing angles. I can adjust my screen to suit the enviroment and glare, rather than in the narrow angle that I can see a TN panel.

IPS is worth it in my opinion, and I sincerely doubt I'll ever go back.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast