cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is your experience with the new asus rog g752vs ? - thinking to buy

silverjoel07
Level 7
Hi every one!!

I am thinking to buy a new asus rog g752vs laptop (i7-6700hq, 16gb ram, gtx 1070), and i just want to know before, how is the experience in game that all of you have with the new laptop?

Thanks!!
18 REPLIES 18

Buggsy
Level 7
I'm happy with my G752VS. I can tell you it's exceptionally quiet in both idle and gaming. I think it helps that the vents point straight out the back and not the sides like other brands.

I didn't buy the cheapest laptop, my ROG was more than MSI or Gigabyte. What I got though, was a better value. For my purchase, I spent $100 more and got a 512 GB SSD (vs 128 and 256GB) and I got an IPS display. MSI at the $2K price point only had a TN. So I spent more and got more for it. I'm quite happy with the gaming experience and performance of the laptop, but I was pretty let down by Asus support. Just keep in mind that unless you live near a support center, you'll have to send it in for a few weeks for issues you have. I have a minor issue with my power supply that it would trip a GFI breaker on another separate electric circuit. Asus wouldn't just trade me out a power supply but instead told me that I had to send the whole thing in to them, at my expense. Yeah right. I literally shut power off to the house and swapped the lines in the breaker panel left to right so that the GFI breaker was on a separate feed.

For me personally, I have had no issues so far with my G752VS. I have read quite a few threads about the display quality, perhaps this issue doesn't apply for my laptop as it has a 4K @ 60Hz, which is of a different make than the FHD ones (ASUS quotes color quality as the primary difference).

The laptop does have some odd issues (this is ASUS install; not a clean OS install), but all of them seem to disappear immediately after I execute 'powercfg /energy'. This might be related to some of the preinstalled software; haven't had the time to do a serious investigation.

The gaming performance is truly good (this is a laptop, after all), as can be expected from something with GTX 1070. Under a heavy load, the fans are definitely audible, but I have had laptops that do much worse with a single fan (even when disassembled and any dust removed). When not under a load, the laptop is silent.

I am using an external keyboard and mouse, so I cannot comment on the quality of those.

As far as the HDD stuttering is concerned, I have had run into this issue on another laptop, when I had a game on an SSD with the screenshot folder symlinked off to the HDD. Saving the first screenshot would lock up the game window for a few seconds.
Still, I would advise against putting HDDs in the laptop, if possible. After all, you will be paying good money for it, so why go cheap on the storage?

I do have the speaker popping sound on every unmute, and as you can see, it's a typical issue that is likely not going to be fixed/resolved/dealt with. You'll just have to decide if you can live with it.
He who invokes history is always secure.
The dead will not rise to witness against him.

You can accuse them of any deeds you like.
Their reply will always be silence.

Buggsy wrote:
I'm happy with my G752VS. I can tell you it's exceptionally quiet in both idle and gaming. I think it helps that the vents point straight out the back and not the sides like other brands.

I didn't buy the cheapest laptop, my ROG was more than MSI or Gigabyte. What I got though, was a better value. For my purchase, I spent $100 more and got a 512 GB SSD (vs 128 and 256GB) and I got an IPS display. MSI at the $2K price point only had a TN. So I spent more and got more for it. I'm quite happy with the gaming experience and performance of the laptop, but I was pretty let down by Asus support. Just keep in mind that unless you live near a support center, you'll have to send it in for a few weeks for issues you have. I have a minor issue with my power supply that it would trip a GFI breaker on another separate electric circuit. Asus wouldn't just trade me out a power supply but instead told me that I had to send the whole thing in to them, at my expense. Yeah right. I literally shut power off to the house and swapped the lines in the breaker panel left to right so that the GFI breaker was on a separate feed.

ummmm excuse me, g752vs is not IPS. Ads is wrong -.-*

AsusYoyo wrote:
ummmm excuse me, g752vs is not IPS. Ads is wrong -.-*

But it is. 75hz IPS screen by LG. A really common screen for top laptops in the last 2 years or so. A good screen.
Someone used the "IPS" screen as a plus. That could be a mistake. I would accept the MSI GT73VR TN 120hz panel instead of my G752VS IPS panel. But either way, its a good panel.

On-Topic. Its a good laptop. The performance is almost desktop-level, and it has a great plus. Its really quiet (for a high-level gaming laptop). That is why I bought it and returned a similar-specced Clevo. Its aexpensive for what it offers, but I would recommend it anyway. It has some quirks with the usb's, over-voltage and Quality Control, but if you get a good unit its a great machine after proper dial-up.

I'm getting 14k+ firestrike on my unit and the temps are well controlled. I run hours of witcher 3 (everything maxed) and its a joy.

You can get a lemmon unit, but that can happen for any of the competing laptops. I would also consider the GT73VR from MSI, if the price is competitive where you are. 😉

That's interestig. As there was so many complaints about the g752vs-xb72/8k being miss leaded on the ips panel, I thought it couldn't be possible unless its replaced. Nonetheless, it's a awesome gaming laptop so far for me! I've got the oc edition but I uninstalled gaming center and still managed to get 13,590 fire strike :).*

Ps. Miguel, I've sent u a private message, if you got time, take a look 🙂 TY for your help!*

Armesis
Level 10
I have a G752VY. Most unreliable laptop ever, the screen and keyboard were changed after 5 months, and now (2 months later) the screen is failing again. There is a constant popping sound from the speakers which is standard on all rog laptops, and the biggest issue is that alot of games stutter and lag when installed on the HDD. The only solution is to install them on the SSD, which is limited. I will be upgrading the storage soon at my own expense. This is the most unreliable laptop/pc ive ever built/owned since the 90s. At the ASUS repair center, i had to queue behind 3 other people who were sending 2 phones and 1 laptop. This was in the middle of the week, at about 4pm.

I cannot in the right conscience recommend this brand to anyone. Whatever your choice though, i wish you the best.

silverjoel07
Level 7
Thanks to every one for the replay.
I bought already the model G752VS-RB71, have to wait a weak more or less...
I have a G751Jt-DH71 and I got 50+FPS on witcher 3 with everything ultra without hairwork.
Do you think that it could be posible to play this game with everything ultra + nvidia hairwork at 60+FPS?

silverjoel07 wrote:
I have a G751Jt-DH71 and I got 50+FPS on witcher 3 with everything ultra without hairwork.
Do you think that it could be posible to play this game with everything ultra + nvidia hairwork at 60+FPS?

I currently have the g752vs oc edition, no gaming center, throttlestop @ 3.8ghz with -90mv. Full ultra without HAIR 60fps with cpu at 80c and gpu at 73c(3-4horts gamplay temp). My previous set up was -100mv with full ultra and hair at 60fps, cpu 85c, gpu 73c BUT it crashed after just 10minute. I'm not sure if it's the -10mv differences or the hair work causing cpu temp spikes that crashed it. I'll get back to you once I do another 3-4hours with hair work at -90mv tomorrow.

Back to your question: Yes, highly possible. *

silverjoel07 wrote:

Well, I use ultra + HAIR on mine and I get 75fps+ almost 100% of the time. The screen is 75hz, so I just use g-sync for when it dips. I think I've never seen less then 70fps on witcher 3. 😉

I've got +100mhz on the GPU and 3.8ghz on CPU.