cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easy question for Maximus VIII Extreme/Assembly owners, please answer!!!

gendalf
Level 7
Dear all,
I own this mainboard and would like to ask other owners just one simple question: do you have a device with a following hardware ID among your USB devices - USB\VID_0B05&PID_1827?
In my PC it is listed as USB Composite device - see the attached image.
Thank you very much.
GenDalF
18 REPLIES 18

Nate152
Hi gendalf

I have two of them too on my maximus viii formula and they're likely your mouse and keyboard.

I'm using the Logitech G500s mouse and Razer Anansi keyboard.

Nate152 wrote:
Hi gendalf

I have two of them too on my maximus viii formula and they're likely your mouse and keyboard.

I'm using the Logitech G500s mouse and Razer Anansi keyboard.

Thanks for your reply, but I am asking about this specific Hardware ID, which is probably specific for Maximus VIII Extreme/Assembly. It has nothing in common with mice or keyboards, as far as I can see. Its bus reported device description is SupremeFX Hi-Fi.

G75rog
Level 10
That is your add on sound box which plugs into a mother board usb connector. The Extreme Assy is a Max VIII Extreme board with add on pieces.

gendalf
Level 7
I am aware of that and I just want other owners of this mainboard to confirm they have this device.

ondersma80
Level 7
I do not have that, system running great. Good luck.

ondersma80 wrote:
I do not have that, system running great. Good luck.

My system is also running well, but this device does not let my monitor into sleep. Only after I disable the device, the monitor goes into standby. ASUS support was helpless. Would you please help me with troubleshooting? Unfortunately, nobody else has replied yet.

JustinThyme
Level 13
Which monitor do you have and how is it connected. If your monitor has a speakers it has its own sound device and could very well be causing conflicts. I'll look here shortly to see if I have that device listed, I'm not using the bay sound card. I can say that with my monitor that is connected via DP and has speakers every time I reload Nvidia drivers that sound device 100% of the time becomes the default device and I have to go and change it back to the Realtek to get the rear audio out.*

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

gendalf
Level 7
JustinThyme wrote:
Which monitor do you have and how is it connected. If your monitor has a speakers it has its own sound device and could very well be causing conflicts. I'll look here shortly to see if I have that device listed, I'm not using the bay sound card. I can say that with my monitor that is connected via DP and has speakers every time I reload Nvidia drivers that sound device 100% of the time becomes the default device and I have to go and change it back to the Realtek to get the rear audio out.*

I have Dell U3014, which is connected through displayport. It has no speakers and is connected to the integrated graphics.

gendalf
Level 7
Any other replies from Maximus VIII Extreme/Assembly owners? Do you have this device (USB\VID_0B05&PID_1827) too?
I am in desperate need of your answers.
Thanks a lot
GenDalF