Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ram Voltage

apeiron
Level 7
Hello,
I've got an i7 4820 and a sabertooth x79,

recently i upgraded my ram to HyperX Savage Red 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3. the xmp profile sets the vccsa to 1.3v or 1.35v which seems a little high to me? particularly since the vtt cpu should be set to about the same but i see its not recommended to go over 1.2v?

thanks a lot in advance!
4 REPLIES 4

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
That is high...

I have a pretty low opinion of XMP profiles and lately lots of profiles seem to be larding on the VCCSA..

Probably best to set up manually...take control of voltage yourself

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
That is high...

I have a pretty low opinion of XMP profiles and lately lots of profiles seem to be larding on the VCCSA..

Probably best to set up manually...take control of voltage yourself

thanks a lot, sorry for the delay I'm back on this asI'm having trouble stabilizing it, on recommended settings of about 1.1/1.5 one module would sometimes disappear and not get detected, sometimes I get "abnormal" in the bios spd profiles. getting lots of unexpected storage exceptions/

shuld i increase VCCSA and leave VTTCPU alone?

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Yeah, I'd try and bump VCCSA (1.15...1.175....1.2 etc.) to find stability and leave VTT alone for now...if VCCSA increase doesn't solve it then play with the other voltage...

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
Yeah, I'd try and bump VCCSA (1.15...1.175....1.2 etc.) to find stability and leave VTT alone for now...if VCCSA increase doesn't solve it then play with the other voltage...

Heyyy Arne! You remembered well my friend, still running your set here. And indeed manually set vccsa to 1.12 , leave other at auto .
If 1.12 is to little, step by step increase it. I reckon it will be nowhere near the value that the opp mentioned.