cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PG27UQ supports HDR over HDMI?

deadchip12
Level 7
Could someone from Asus ROG confirm this for me: Will HDR work via HDMI on this monitor? Because I will buy this monitor for both my PC and PS4 Pro.
If it works, what will be the input lag? Because G-sync will not work via HDMI, how will that affect HDR via HDMI?
Thanks.

P.S. Please replace the orange color on the stand with RGB 😛
2 REPLIES 2

deadchip12
Level 7
Hmm anyone?

Crashcourse316
Level 9
"ASUS has stated that the panel will offer support for HDR10, which means it might end up offering settings HDR-related color spaces, but at this time it is unconfirmed. Additionally, the monitor is equipped with NVIDIA’s G-Sync HDR variable refresh rate technology for smooth gameplay."

This is the only thing I have found on the HDR for this monitor. This was posted on the 12th as uncomfirmed so It's probably safe to say Asus will not comment on this yet. In my opinion if the post is true. Asus will probably have the support for HDR on all of the inputs to the monitor. It wouldn't make sense to only include it for DP only since it's most likely controlled by firmware and HDMI supports HDR. Also the input lag for most high end monitors at 144hz will be in the competitive range I expect. Most likely I would think it will be very similar to the PG27x monitors at about 25ms Absolute input lag (input lag(18ms) + pixel response(7ms)). You probably won't get many specifics until the release and users can benchmark everything or at most right before the release to ramp up advertising for sales.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/11014/asus-demonstrates-rog-swift-pg27uq-4k-144-hz-hdr-dcip3-and-gsync
I7-4790k OC 4.9 1.375v
MSI Gaming X GTX 1080 OC core:2055Mhz Mem:5504Mhz

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
If you like what I post, hit that Rep button.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
If i'm posting here it's only because I'm at work and have nothing better to do other than solve your problems.