cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No signal problem again...

FDSage
Level 10
So I've been using my PC for over a day now. Decided to turn the XMP profile for the RAM. Windows started up fine after that. Later, after restarting Windows, the signal did not come back on. I'm not sure Windows even booted up in the background. I'm starting to think I won't be able to use XMP on this motherboard. Is there any solution for this?
146 REPLIES 146

FDSage
Level 10
The setup screen at least appeared after a hard shut down this time. I set it back to auto for now. I noticed the profile changes a CPU setting from auto to sync all cores. I don't know if that matters or not. I just want my RAM to run at 3200 like it's supposed to.

Chino
Level 15

Thanks for the response. I was thinking of doing it manually. I'll try inputting the RAM's specifications and see how that goes.

FDSage wrote:
Thanks for the response. I was thinking of doing it manually. I'll try inputting the RAM's specifications and see how that goes.

Its the secondary timings of the modules that can be different to what is applied on Auto. Setting Auto or manual for the primaries yields no difference. You can check the XMP profile and apply the full gamut of timings manually. Before you try that, try setting Maximus Tweak mode 1.

-Raja

Raja@ASUS wrote:
Its the secondary timings of the modules that can be different to what is applied on Auto. Setting Auto or manual for the primaries yields no difference. You can check the XMP profile and apply the full gamut of timings manually. Before you try that, try setting Maximus Tweak mode 1.

-Raja

It was set to Maximus Tweak Mode 1 on its own. Before I try anything, do you mean I should leave it on Mode 1, and leave everything on auto, and simply change the DRAM Frequency from Auto to 3200? What of the voltage?

FDSage wrote:
It was set to Maximus Tweak Mode 1 on its own. Before I try anything, do you mean I should leave it on Mode 1, and leave everything on auto, and simply change the DRAM Frequency from Auto to 3200? What of the voltage?

It's the secondary timings you may need to adjust. To find out what the XMP secondary timings are, you'll need to view the profile. You can do that in UEFI or you can use AIDA 64. Copy the timings in the profile to the DRAM timings page. That usually helps and should be tried before increasing voltages.

Setting the primary timings manually to the same as they would be on Auto (XMP) doesn't change a thing. You need to identify which of the secondary timings are set differently to the XMP timings programmed on the kit, then adjust accordingly. If that does not help, then resort to voltage adjustments.

Nate152
Hi FDSage

I'll help you get your ram at its rated specs and we'll set it manually instead of using XMP profile.

1) Set the AI Overclock tuner to manual.
2) Scroll down and set the Dram frequency to 3200MHz
3) Scroll further down and set the Dram voltage to 1.35v.
4) Scroll down to cpu system agent voltage and set to 1.15v.
5) Scroll down to cpu vccio voltage and set to 1.15v
6) I'm not sure of the timings of your kit but they're listed on the box they came in and on each stick. Go to Dram timing control and at the very top enter in the first 4 timings and set command rate to 2.
7) F10 and Enter to save and exit.

How does she go ?

If it doesn't want to go then we'll have to increase the cpu system agent and cpu vccio voltages.

So I've done steps 1-5 that you showed and set the command rate to 2N. I'm new to setting these manually so I'm not entirely sure which boxes to enter the timings. They're specced for 14-14-14-34.

The model is F4-3200C14D-32GTZKW if that helps.

Nate152
Oh nice, that is one of the fastest kits with CL14. 🙂

Dram Timing Control brings up the timings page, at the very top enter in the frist 4 timings.

All right, hit F10 and Enter and see if she boots. If it doesn't boot, upon reboot it should give you an overclocking failed message which is normal, it's just telling us it's not stable.

Let's cross our fingers and hope she goes.