cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1070 OC Edition questions

Akiro1337
Level 7
Hi guys I have some questions, first I have to tell I live in a Dorm, such as Aircompressors and that is hard to get my hands on, but my card is getting dusty, also due too the space I have to have the PC beside my screens, which maybe can be annoying I can hear all the fans when playing, also I am a bit off a temp wuss.
I ran sometime ago 3 Heavens benchmark and got 62 degress and now I've increased to 63, yes I know 1 degress, only reason I want to ask questions is because, this is the first time I have had a really new GPU. also my old GPU when i could get an aircompressor, I felt like I couldn't get all the dust outta the small "rims" and so, if i clean my 1070, when it's needed, I am afraid it might be worse. My old card was a Point of View GTX 680, and it would hit over 80 degress in Dead by Daylight on Ultra, my new card gets 60 degress. And yeah it's nice, but I am still as mentioned before, afraid my card won't get properly clean, because I can get my hands in the electronic aircompressor, also I arren't that good a techie so taking my stuff a part i am afraid too, I tried in my Tweak tool the fans at 58% is killing my ears, because it's kinda loud when I am sitting so close to it.
Questions.
1. When does my card throttle in temps?
2. How can i make sure it's properly cleaned ( I will ofcorse hold the fans when blowing air)
3. Will the heavens benchmark at 63 degeress be increased if i played Battlefield 1? What I mean will temps be higher than the benchmark?
4. Should I try and make room for my PC another place, at the floor where i properly can't hear the fans that much? (My room have a carpet)
5. When should I worry about my card?
6. Is the fans really that loud at even 60%, I turned it up, i knew at 100% it sounds like a jet, but i also feeled like it did at 60 % in the tweak tool
7. This is my last, i've seen in Dota 2, my card will rapidly turn on and off, because dota is on the spot at 54-56 degress where it turns them on, is the turning on and off damaging my fans?
Sorry i am confusing and bad english, it's not my native language.
3 REPLIES 3

Chino
Level 15
1. I don't recall the exact temperature but it should be around 80C.

2. A can of compressed air from different directions should get the job done. And as you said, make sure you hold the fans in place so they don't start turning in the opposite direction which can be bad.

3. I doubt it. Heaven is designed to stress the GPU which means 100% usage.

4. Your temperature doesn't look bad at all.

5. When you start seeing problems of unstability.

6. I don't own the Strix GTX 1070 but I don't expect the fans to run at 60% with daily usage unless you live in a really hot environment or the airflow inside the case is deficient.

7. Hard to say. How often are they turning on and off? You can run a them at a constant speed if you want to play it safe.

I live in Denmark where it's winter now, but where I live the dorm gets hot on winters, also my card get qucikly dusty 😞

cljustin
Level 8
63 degrees temperature is fine, I think you're worrying too much. Keep in mind, you can make your own personal fan curve using the GPU Tweak software. No, your temperature won't be higher than 63 when you're playing actual Battlefield because your GPU usage is 100% when running a benchmark. You should worry about your card when it becomes unstable and starts crashing.