cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage v 10 ed. Bios flashback and GPU trouble

Daggi
Level 7
Hello
I'm having trouble with my R5E10 board. USB bios flashback wont work on my board. I have tried many different usb sticks and nothing happens when i press the flashback button. I have to use the EZ flash methode to flash a new bios. I'm also having trouble with my EVGA gtx 1080. I did reboot my computer, and now i dont get a signal on my monitors. Im using DP on both my monitors. added a GTX 980 ti in pcie slot 3 and that works fine with DP Also tried it in slot 2 and it works fine. It seems that my PCIe slot 1 is disconnected if not defect. Tried the GTX 1080 in a another computer and it works fine. So is there any way to fix this or do I have to RMA the board..

Mobo: R510E
SSD: 240GB intel
Gpu: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW watercooled
Cpu: 6900K
Power: AXi 1500
RAM: G.Skill F4-3000C15-8GRK

Everything runs at stock speed while troubleshooting

Edit :

OK so I have done some troubleshooting, and my GTX 980 ti and GTX 1080 works fine in all other PCIe slots except slot 1, have both connected and up and running.

Edit 2:

Had a old GTX 730 PCIe 8x card lying around, mounted it in the first slot, gtx 980 ti in slot 2 and gtx 1080 in slot 3. and all cards works just fine. Strange that a x8 card works but not a x16 card. So today I removed all the cards and installed the 1080 in slot 1, and out off all wonders it came to life again. I really don't know why but at least the PCIe slot is working again. But I can't get the bios flashback function to work

Edit 3: I had to RMA my board.
21 REPLIES 21

Chino
Level 15

Daggi
Level 7
I formatted a usb stick with fat 32 and i followed this Guide
renamed the the bios file to R5E10.CAP and copied it to the pendrive

I'm using the same pendrive as I use on my Rampave V board, it works flawlessly on that board, as I tried it to se if the pendrive is OK. connected it in the usb slot for flashback and pressing the flashback button for 3-4 seconds, but nothing happens and no bios led is blinking either.

I've got the RVE and its got the four DIP switches at the top left to enable/disable PCIE slots. Are you sure theyre in the right positions (If the RVE10 has them?)?

As for the BIOS flashback, sounds bad to me if you have a RVE and it works fine on that board. Maybe you're in the wrong USB?

CMDRZOD wrote:
I've got the RVE and its got the four DIP switches at the top left to enable/disable PCIE slots. Are you sure theyre in the right positions (If the RVE10 has them?)?

As for the BIOS flashback, sounds bad to me if you have a RVE and it works fine on that board. Maybe you're in the wrong USB?

Yes the switches are in the right position. And the usb stick is in the usb bios flashback port on the back of the motherboard. Ez flash works fine from within the bios but not the flashback way. It seems that some functions dont work on my board;) I also cleaned a pendrive with diskpart, created a new partition and formatted, copied the bios file and still a no go

Daggi wrote:
I formatted a usb stick with fat 32 and i followed this Guide
renamed the the bios file to R5E10.CAP and copied it to the pendrive

I'm using the same pendrive as I use on my Rampave V board, it works flawlessly on that board, as I tried it to se if the pendrive is OK. connected it in the usb slot for flashback and pressing the flashback button for 3-4 seconds, but nothing happens and no bios led is blinking either.

Make sure you're not renaming it to R5E10.CAP.CAP by mistake. Also can you indicate which USB port you're using?

Chino wrote:
Make sure you're not renaming it to R5E10.CAP.CAP by mistake. Also can you indicate which USB port you're using?

Yes I'm sure that i have named the file right. Even tried with the renaming utility, 😄 Flashed many Bios files on my RVE board but never had any trouble on that mobo. Tried with FAT32 and NTFS formatted pendrive. Maybe it is the flashback button that is broken or defect?? Since EZ flash method within the bios works great.:)

I'm using the usb bios flashback port on the motherboard, the one next to the keybot port.

post removed due to cousins request

needinghelp wrote:
In my case , i had to hold both buttons. After that, it worked.

edit also wanted to point out that im also suffering a lot of random issues with the displayport monitor i got recently. like no image during the bug, random black screen etc. idk if its a problem with the monitor or a problem with the mother.

I'll try both buttons when i get home. My problem is that I loose the monitor signal at a reboot, both times it happened I had to remove my GTX1080 and replace it with my old GT730. That card is PCIe x8. Really don't know why it helps to switch those two cards. It's annoying since I have to drain my loop when it happens

Daggi
Level 7
Have been testing different USB flash drives today, all of them between 8 and 16 GB. All cleaned and configured with Diskpart. Can't get the bios flashback to work. Tried to hold the flashback button for a minute, but nothing helps. Now I'm out off ideas....