cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG HB SLI Bridge Release?

Frankpaintbrush
Level 7
Is there any time frame that US customers might see the new HB SLI bridge?

I miss my awesome led one from last generation :(.
50 REPLIES 50

Bravoexo
Level 7
Frankpaintbrush wrote:
Is there any time frame that US customers might see the new HB SLI bridge?

I miss my awesome led one from last generation :(.

http://rog.asus.com/articles/gaming-graphics-cards/republic-of-gamers-announces-rog-hb-sli-bridge/

JustinThyme
Level 13
What happened to your other one?
If you had the right one the only difference between the new one and the old is aesthetics.
For dual link HB you simply need......dual link LOL. As in both sets of SLI pins used. There is no magic genie inside the bridge. Its simply a connection from one card to the next. The older one shown in the comparison for this one in that link is not what is on the market. Ive not even seen a single. They are also still readily available. The only thing different with the new one other than the obvious is instead of a fixed red LED it has RGB that will synch up with the AURA.

The old two slot version leaves me a bit puzzled. The uses are very limited, none of the Z170 or Z270 boards will support it due to the spacing. The only card I know of would be the X79/X89. All others you need the 3 way to make 2 way work and are just not using the middle set of pins. The new one actually makes sense as even when you can install them that close you wouldn't want to unless water cooling.

https://www.amazon.com/ROG-Enthusiast-3-Way-SLI-Bridge/dp/B010U0YKSW/ref=pd_sim_147_1/163-6156692-84...

Much as I hate to say it the MSI brige has the best aethetics with that bad a$$ dragon!

As for when we will see the new one? Business as usual, Tease to build anticipation before release.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Hey all,

Has anyone heard an update? I saw a couple of the Pax East intel challenge machines had them.

i did as well and would like to have one but no new information seems to be coming out at all i even sent a message to the admin and just got coming soon.
Cosinetan wrote:
Hey all,

Has anyone heard an update? I saw a couple of the Pax East intel challenge machines had them.

Also wondering on a UK release date for this, would compliment my latest built brilliantly

JustinThyme wrote:
Can you provide specifications and pin outs?

After reading this I pinned out an old and a new and they are identical.

As I stated before its obvious that more care was taken in the construction making traces the same length and EMI rejection but from what Ive done with original Nvidia cables and the lastest HB that came with a formula board the pin outs are the same.

Roman did some analysis here: http://overclocking.guide/nvidia-hb-sli-bridge-technical-review/

Also here is an example of bridge incompatibility coupled with a higher clock rate: https://forums.evga.com/780SLI-Samsung-4K-Monitor-Flickering-and-Blackscreen-m2190252.aspx
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

I guess asus doesnt like to make money. everyone wants there products and yet they dont want to sell them. Makes no sense to me at all.

I've been looking forward to the ROG-SLI-HB-BRIDGE because I want the Asus HB bridge and not one from EVGA.

Reasons: I have the following in my build.

• ROG RAID-R SSD
  • ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10
  • 2x ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC

This is an ROG build, yet you want me to promote EVGA, Gigabyte, MSI, and even Zotac each have their HB SLI's available IN CANADA (i'm currently now using an EVGA HB bridge until my ROG bridge comes in the mail, a wasted $50 CA i'll add to my angry list).

I would also like Asus to personally contact MemoryExpress, a local vendor who promotes and sells their products http://www.memoryexpress.com/Stores/Contact

And please for the love of all, start selling your Asus product in Canada and USA at the same time as everywhere else, otherwise stop advertising these new products.

--

What I ended up doing is purchasing the bridge using eBay from a vendor in Australia at 4 times the cost of other HB bridges which go for $49.99 CA, due to delivery cost making up for most of the cost. Plus an additional $50 for the EVGA SLI bridge I am currently using temporarily (that's $200 total to get my hands on your product, and the additional $50 burning a hole in my wallet).

The delivery should arrive in about 5-6 weeks.

Totally on topic
There is no news on the new ASUS HB bridge other than the same propaganda that's been up for quite a long time. Almost as long as the XG2 that more than a year later is still not available for purchase in the US.

So in the meantime we all have to settle for butt ugly on the new boards as last generations 3 slot enthusiast bridge that provided HB will not fit the spacing scheme.

Even the plain one wouldnt be so bad if what was shown is what was delivered.

Propaganda photo, totally doable

What you actually get, rough finish and UGLY

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein