cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OC no longer working Gene VIII 3007 Bios

WillSK
Level 7
Hey guys,

Updated to the 3007 Bios on my maximus gene last night and now I can't seem to get stable. I'm using the same OC settings i've used for maybe the last 3 Bios updates with no issues.

Firstly is anyone else having these problems? and second is there any reason why I cant flash back to 2202? I get an error message something like this is an invalid bios...

Thanks in advance
7 REPLIES 7

Nate152

Nate152 wrote:
Hi WiIISK

Use the bios flashback feature when downgrading the bios.

Hey Nate done this now but for some reason it's thrown off my overclock even though the BIOS is now technically what it was before. Have had to revert to 4.5Ghz as I was struggling to get stable again.

I also had trouble getting in from cold boot just now... weird!

Nate152
Try resetting the bios to defaults (F5) and start over with your overclock and see if it's any better.

Buellersdayoff
Level 7
Same for me... Had to roll back to 2202. Instability with my ram was the main issue.

LucikMucik
Level 7

WillSK
Level 7
Looks like 3007 may have thrown people's PCs out even after roll back 😞

I've now got mine on 2202 at 4.5 instead of 4.6 I did have. working ok so far but a shame i've had to drop my clocks

Buellersdayoff
Level 7
2202 seems fine for me, I did a clear cmos before flashing and again after, then applied my settings. One thing though is I don't change everything in one go.