cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R5E10 Mobo LED lights - do not turn off...

strunker
Level 7
Hello all,

I know there have been forum post on the past on this, and the general consensus to "fix" this is to enable ERP. And this does work.. And the lights will turn off during sleep\shutdown...

Problem for me is that once you enable ERP wake on lan is automatically disabled... I rely on WOL quite a bit. I have custom alexa skills that work around it, I travel alot and need to be able to remotely power on when im not home, etc etc.

So enabling erp just to fix the mobo lights isnt an option. Has anyone else found any other solution safe for downloading the Asus software and manually toggling it off prior to shutdown\sleep?

On a side note, is there any type of API or option to programmatically toggle the lights?

Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3

Menthol
Level 14
The new bios ver. 1502 adds turning off LED's during sleep as an option, works fine for me

Chino
Level 15
Once you're on the 1502 BIOS, you can find the option that Mentol is referring to under the Onboard Devices Configuration inside the Advanced tab. 🙂

Chino wrote:
Once you're on the 1502 BIOS, you can find the option that Mentol is referring to under the Onboard Devices Configuration inside the Advanced tab. 🙂

Yes so funny story. I only built this machine over the weekend, so Ive only ever been on 1502 as I updated to latest when I built it.

I found that option and had it set to off. So that they would turn off during sleep. And it still wasnt working out.

Not too sure why but totally randomly last night when I slept it for the evening, they all powered off as they should have.

Somewhat strange, but yeah..