cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

maximus ix formula usb header wrong!

ironman72
Level 8
My maxiums formula ix z270 have usb header 1314 wrong.. pins are in wrong way!!! nobody have same issue?

instead of

34 REPLIES 34

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
ironman72 wrote:
My maxiums formula ix z270 have usb header 1314 wrong.. pins are in wrong way!!! nobody have same issue?

instead of

Sounds like you've got the Australian model?

😉
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone wrote:
Sounds like you've got the Australian model?

😉

lol

ironman72 wrote:
nobody have same issue?

The USB header on my Maximus IX Formula is fine. You're sure you're looking at the right header?

Wrong? Post a picture perhaps with some explanations.

Menthol
Level 14
Are you sure your not looking at the connectors for the case front panel, it appears to have changed this gen. and looks like what you are describing

I have the same dilemma with my Maximus IX Code. The connectors are the same.

See on the picture. I marked the USB header with green and I marked the questionable header with RED, which has no description in the manual for the MB.

My second question is, where is the second USB header?

The description of the MB IX Code and Formula shows everywhere that the MB has 6 USB 2.0 ports - 4 on the back panel, 2 on the mid board, one together with ROG ext connector.

The marked with green should be the one together with ROG, but where is the second?

For me this is not that a big problem, I already had NZXT internal usb HUB, so I used it as well, but the question is still a topic to be clarified.

xherics wrote:

See on the picture. I marked the USB header with green and I marked the questionable header with RED, which has no description in the manual for the MB.

The description of the MB IX Code and Formula shows everywhere that the MB has 6 USB 2.0 ports - 4 on the back panel, 2 on the mid board, one together with ROG ext connector.

The marked with green should be the one together with ROG, but where is the second?

For me this is not that a big problem, I already had NZXT internal usb HUB, so I used it as well, but the question is still a topic to be clarified.

Hello

The header marked with green is 2 ports just as the specifications state. There is no second onboard USB 2.0 header. If there was the specs would list 4 ports total.

Yeah, 1 USB 2.0 header = 2 USB 2.0 ports. The output in red is not described by ASUS in the manual. Someone would need to trace it to see what it is, or isn't.

Edit: I can totally see though how the end user can mistake the USB1314 label to be pointing to the outputs in red (on the right). You have to really read the manual or pay close attention to the white mark to notice it refers to the left port.

xherics wrote:

That doesn't look like what the IX Code manual shows, it looks like the header on the far right bottom, power, reset, HDD and power LED connections, so it may be for a technician to use, a diagnostic port maybe?, you have the board, do you have the port layout as in the manual? maybe the port in the same location as the manual, if you do not have the port on the bottom right of the board it may have been placed at that location. It would be nice for one of you to let us know what is going on

Menthol
Level 14
What I was trying to say above, I have a IX Hero and although in a slightly different location the port you outlined in RED has the same pins as the port for front panel power and HHD, on LED connections, the case speaker has it's own 4 pin connector, on the Hero this is in the bottom right corner of the board. or to the right of the fan header in the bottom right of your picture
May not be the same for your board or something completely different