cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Setup or Setup?

Mazinga
Level 7
When I download new updates like "Utilities"
there are always two allternativ setups.
1.AsusSetup
2.Setup

What should you run
I'm confused.
7 REPLIES 7

I've always wondered this myself. My post people say to use ASUSSetup, although never specify why. Nobody can ever seem to give a real answer.

Mac5555 wrote:
I've always wondered this myself. My post people say to use ASUSSetup, although never specify why. Nobody can ever seem to give a real answer.

You are right. I don't know myself why I had to click that asussetup.exe

Probably placebo effect. Asus added stuff to the setup folder, they must have customized it to the unit's use.

(Posting as bookmarking, in case someone has a clearer explanation than my gut feeling )
no siggy, saw stuff that made me sad.

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
I use the Asussetup one. and force run as administrator. Be sure always extract the file, once the download is complete.
Learn, Play Enjoy!

davemon50
Level 11
ASUS:

Can we please get a Readme.txt file included with all driver update ZIP files that explains the correct installation procedures and which files to run? I cannot understand why such a thing would be omitted.

Pretty please ? :confused:
Davemon50

Menthol
Level 14
I always click the program/driver installer exe. file, I have a had a problem a couple times in the past using the ASUS installer.exe and every time I would start my PC it would come up with the ASUS installer trying to install and would have to ctrl alt delet and shut it down, sometimes using the driver disk and reinstalling drivers would eliminate the issue
I could be insanely wrong but maybe the ASUS installer.exe file is part of the automatic install when you insert your driver disk and it will auto install all your drivers unattended, maybe it is checking your hardware to verify your not installing an incompatible driver , really a shot in the dark as I know less than nothing about drivers, programs, code, etc.

Rodrigo_911
Level 7

The Asussetup runs the software in silence mod!