cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z270 Deluxe

SamDaniel
Level 7
Could anyone please let me know that if there is a chance that ASUS will release
Z270-Deluxe just as ASUS released for Z170. if yes then what's the expected release date?

Many Thanks.
Sam
20 REPLIES 20

Raja
Level 13
No Z270-Deluxe is planned, sorry. Its role is filled by the Maximus IX Code.

That is the stupidest F decision Asus has made in years. Not everyone wants your garbage a** Gaming branded stuff it's stupid. Especially when they all look the same. Some of us (A TON if I remember correctly) like the Deluxe. Like a high end motherboard that's white (unlike your garbage a** Prime) and not slathered with "gaming" or "rog" stupid. I will officially make the switch to Gigabyte now for their Gaming 9 or a high end Asrock. Because they make High END white. The G9 has 22 power phases and is by far better than any of your new ROG boards. z270 Deluxe or I drop Asus crap. Real talk. Either that or why don't you PUT OUT A STABLE F'N BIOS FOR KABY LAKE SO I CAN KEEP MY 170 DELUXE A STABLE KABY LAKE BIOS I CAN OVERCLOCK WITH CUZ 2202 SUCKS SAME WITH THE 3XXX VERSION SUCKS ASUS YOU ARE GOING DOWN HILL GIGABYTE IS MAKING FAR BETTER PRODUCTS THIS YEAR STUPID AS ****

Raja
Level 13
Michael-i7 wrote:
That is the stupidest F decision Asus has made in years. Not everyone wants your garbage a** Gaming branded stuff it's stupid. Especially when they all look the same. Some of us (A TON if I remember correctly) like the Deluxe. Like a high end motherboard that's white (unlike your garbage a** Prime) and not slathered with "gaming" or "rog" stupid. I will officially make the switch to Gigabyte now for their Gaming 9 or a high end Asrock. Because they make High END white. The G9 has 22 power phases and is by far better than any of your new ROG boards. z270 Deluxe or I drop Asus crap. Real talk. Either that or why don't you PUT OUT A STABLE F'N BIOS FOR KABY LAKE SO I CAN KEEP MY 170 DELUXE A STABLE KABY LAKE BIOS I CAN OVERCLOCK WITH CUZ 2202 SUCKS SAME WITH THE 3XXX VERSION SUCKS ASUS YOU ARE GOING DOWN HILL GIGABYTE IS MAKING FAR BETTER PRODUCTS THIS YEAR STUPID AS ****

Keep expletives of any form out of your posts please. Next post like this will result in a vacation or ban.

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Not sure where Michael-i7 is looking, but all the Z270 boards I can see from Gigabyte have Gaming in the brand name, and RGB too (besides entry level). If the only preference is that it's white and it has quad-zillion power phases then go with what makes you happy, or less angry lol
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

My z170 deluxe has twice as many phases as the Code. How can that be a viable replacement? Seriously. Ya the stupid Gigabyte has Gaming Branded but it's a beast. And looks far better than anything Asus put out this year. The x99 deluxe, Deluxe 2, z170 Deluxe sold quite a bit. If their "ROG" stuff was actually any good that'd be one thing but they are selling the name on a terrible pcb. 8 phases for your code are you kidding me? Like I said, idc about Optane support just put out a stable Bios for the z170 Deluxe where the 7700k will actually work and overclock stable and I'll happily keep it. Otherwise I like many others this Gen are jumping ship. Kind of like what's happening with your 10 series Gpu's Lol

Not to mention they all look the same. Every strix board looks the same as does every ROG board. It's clear Asus has lost their way.

And yes I will speak my mind without profanity I apologize.

Michael-i7 wrote:
My z170 deluxe has twice as many phases as the Code. How can that be a viable replacement? Seriously. Ya the stupid Gigabyte has Gaming Branded but it's a beast. And looks far better than anything Asus put out this year. The x99 deluxe, Deluxe 2, z170 Deluxe sold quite a bit. If their "ROG" stuff was actually any good that'd be one thing but they are selling the name on a terrible pcb. 8 phases for your code are you kidding me? Like I said, idc about Optane support just put out a stable Bios for the z170 Deluxe where the 7700k will actually work and overclock stable and I'll happily keep it. Otherwise I like many others this Gen are jumping ship. Kind of like what's happening with your 10 series Gpu's Lol

And yes I will speak my mind without profanity I apologize.

Can you explain why you are so caught up on power phases?
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

I'm also considering the Maximus IX Code as a replacement for the Z170 Deluxe for my upcoming build since they don't sell Z170 products anymore where I live, but I do have to agree that the Code is somewhat of an inadequate replacement.

One of my concerns is that they've ditched 3x3 wifi for regular 2x2, but my primary point of contention is the lack of onboard USB ports. The Z170 Deluxe (and a lot of other boards even in this gen) had 2 each of USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 internal headers, while the Code only has 1 of each, which is just enough to support the front panel USB ports on my case and leaving no room for other peripherals like Corsair Link devices.

The USB 3.1 front panel connector would have been just enough to meet my needs had Asus decided to include some kind of adaptor with the board for backwards compatibility, but as it is Asus has made a board featuring a connector nobody can use, since cases from colluding partners aren't out yet and no adapters exist on the market as far as I can tell.

Having a high-end Z270 board with effectively just 2 internal USB headers is ridiculous imo, especially since Z270 is supposed to boast better connectivity. I think Asus really dropped the ball here, particularly given that PCIe expansion cards for external USB ports seem to be a dime a dozen out there while internal expansions are much harder to find. Meanwhile I have absolutely no use for RGB headers whatsoever since I'm getting a closed case; the Code is flashier but somewhat less practical compared to the Deluxe and therefore a poor replacement.

Case in point: I'm have a Silent Base 600 with 2 front panel USB 2.0 and 3.0 connectors, planning on getting a Corsair RMi series PSU with Link capability, and wanting to include a front panel card reader in the case. I don't think that's going overboard on accessories, but I am surprised that this 300USD board can't handle it as is.

I'd still be willing to buy the Code at this point, but only if the USB 3.1 header is usable. Are there any plans by anyone to release standalone accessories for the new USB 3.1 connector? Internal hubs? Adapters? Thanks.

Silent Scone wrote:
Can you explain why you are so caught up on power phases?

Hello

It is the result of a lack of knowledge regarding the subject being discussed.

And Praz, it's a matter of me being at work and not having time to respond. Lets see your knowledge on the subject if you have any. Cleaner Power Delivery. MUCH more stable power delivery. Consistent power delivery. Better control over vdroop. Less strain and heat on the Vrm's. The list goes on. Do your homework before you try to insult me. It is clear you know Zero about High end quality components. To take 12 volts from a 850 watt psu and have your Voltage Regulator Module reduce the voltage into measurable amounts of voltage down to the thousandths of a volt. Like 1.296v and cleanly distribute it to the Cpu it has to go thru phases. Each phase filtering and reducing it more and more. The more Phases it goes thru the cleaner and more stable the voltage is. And more precise. And the more phases there are the less load that is on every phase. An 8 phase pcb will have much more load than a 16 phase causing much more heat of the vrm and elevating the chance of instability. Also when your Cpu goes into 100% load you want that increase in vCore immediately. Which will be much more guaranteed with a 16 phase pcb over an 8 phase. And the Code has a garbage 8 phase. With 1 phase dedicated to the memory dimms. Great ram overclocking that's going to bring you. Again read a book and get a job. Get to a period in your life where you can actually afford quality products like a 320$ motherboard or enough money to go out tomorrow and drop 500 the Gaming 9 if I so desire. Then do some research on the products you buy before you buy them. There is a huge difference between a low life nerd who builds a low end pc for gaming and would rather play world of warcraft than get a girlfriend, and a true Enthusiast. Praz do yourself a favor and learn to read. I don't get paid to Educate you. Tho I just did. You are welcome.

SW Fanatic- This is my opinion and recommendation but if you are considering getting an Asus z270 board I would suggest you look into the TUF series before the ROG series. The Mark 1 has a better PCB. Better digital Power Delivery and better caps. If I decide to stay with Asus for z270 the TUF series is what I would get.