cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G20 Mainboard Upgrade possible?

HomerDOHSimpson
Level 7
(i wrongly postet in another part of the Forum and hopefully I get an answer here=
Is the mainboard a specialized part for the G20 or is there a way to upgrade the mb with something new?
2 REPLIES 2

JustinThyme
Level 13
You might get lucky and be able to swap with a different model G20 but as for just buying any random board and it fitting and working, that's going to be a no.*

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
You might get lucky and be able to swap with a different model G20 but as for just buying any random board and it fitting and working, that's going to be a no.*

sorry for literally popping out of nowhere and reviving this in 2019, but I need serious help. I might get a g20bm (the amd version) or a g20aj ( the 4th gen intel version), and I was wondering if I could swap either of these with the motherboard of the g20ci/cb , as I heard the c series support 7th gen intel processors. I s this at all possible or no, and will they easily be swappable without any additional problems or swaps required like ram and STUFF??