cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X99 Strix Gaming Memory Issue

jurfrey
Level 7
Hey all,

I have a X99 Strix Gaming with a 5820k newly purchased on 1/13/2017 from a local store. I purchased a Corsair 32GB kit (CMK32GX4M4A2666C16) and have placed it in the A1/B1/C1/D1 recommended DIMMs. The BIOS came with 0601 and I have applied 1401.

The memory can only be read in A1/B1. C1/D1 is not registered at all in the BIOS or in Windows. I have tried nearly all permutations of placement. I have also tried reseating the CPU after inspecting the socket for bent/broken pins. So far the only way I can get the kit to be read is installing in A1/A1/B1/B2. Stability in this configuration seems to be okay but it sure would be nice to have the board working properly.

FWIW, I am overclocked at 4.5GHz and running the 2666 OC XMP on the RAM. The Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool says the CPU is a PASS. RealBench and Aida64 all pass for 8 hour runs. 24hr temps do not get above 75-degrees C.

Am I looking at the right things? Are there some settings I need to be tweaking? Is the board done and I just need to start the RMA process?

Thank you for your feedback.
3 REPLIES 3

Chino
Level 15

They do not. I've also tried the second XMP profile (adjusting for the strap and base clock change) and there was no difference.

I should inform you all that I did have all four stick registered when the system was initially installed. It was after the update to 1401 that I noticed that C1/D1 DIMMs were not registering the RAM. I have tried rolling back the BIOS updates and resetting the CMOS. There are other forums that say raise the voltage on C*/D* and tweak the SA voltage and I have tried that to no avail. After all those attempts were unsuccessful, I rolled back to default settings and reset the voltages for my original overclocked specification.

jurfrey
Level 7
RMA'ed the board. Bought another one in the interim. New one works just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk