cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make ASUS Rogue as fast unplugged as it is plugged in

Amenophis
Level 10
I have never realized till now that a laptop doesn't work as fast unplugged as it does plugged in. Is there a way or ways to make this machine as fast unplugged as it is when plugged in?
6 REPLIES 6

AsusYoyo
Level 7
In the near future, please be patient;)

Chino
Level 15
Amenophis wrote:
I have never realized till now that a laptop doesn't work as fast unplugged as it does plugged in. Is there a way or ways to make this machine as fast unplugged as it is when plugged in?

Using the High Performance profile but your battery will deplete faster.

Chino wrote:
Using the High Performance profile but your battery will deplete faster.

O ya ASUSYogo, thank you so much for that great exhortation. I do need to learn patience and so next time I'll sit here in front of this computer a little while longer before I learn something I already knew before I didn't.
Please Chino, could you be a bit more specific as to using the High Performance profile. If you mean in Power Options to set it to High Performance, that is already done. Or did you have something else in mind. Also in the Advanced Power Settings, I have done gone and and set this to Maximum Performance in both Plugged In and Battery. Also in the Process Power Management, I have set to 100% in Battery and Plugged In but still see the slowness when unplugged.
Now if ya'all have something else to add, I'll try and be patient till next time we all meet right here in this corner of Wonderland.

My apologies. It was just a way of saying not possible currently. Most battery last 3-4hours on minimal load and 1-2 hours full load. By setting on max performance power option and max game settings, it probably won't last an hour. Maybe you can bypass this by tricking it into thinking it's plugged in. I'll wait you in Netherland, not much a fan of wonderland 🙂

Amenophis wrote:
O ya ASUSYogo, thank you so much for that great exhortation. I do need to learn patience and so next time I'll sit here in front of this computer a little while longer before I learn something I already knew before I didn't.
Please Chino, could you be a bit more specific as to using the High Performance profile. If you mean in Power Options to set it to High Performance, that is already done. Or did you have something else in mind. Also in the Advanced Power Settings, I have done gone and and set this to Maximum Performance in both Plugged In and Battery. Also in the Process Power Management, I have set to 100% in Battery and Plugged In but still see the slowness when unplugged.
Now if ya'all have something else to add, I'll try and be patient till next time we all meet right here in this corner of Wonderland.

When you stated that the laptop wasn't working as fast in your opening post, are your referring to general performance or gaming performance?

Amenophis
Level 10
General performance. It was pointed out to me that their laptop didn't work as well unplugged as it did when it was plugged in. I shrugged that off because I didn't believe plugged or unplugged made any difference as to Internet service, for example, just bringing up a webpage. But I was shown that it is slower unplugged. I couldn't believe my eyes. I've put everything into Max but haven't yet visited the BIOS. If there is indeed something there, this is where I might need help. That particular laptop is an ASUS S-300. Mine is an ASUS Republic of Gamer.
ASUSYogo, there is no need to apologize for anything. I appreciate your feedback.