ROG Enthusiast Array

Question Maximus IX Formula flow sensor and temp sensor compatibility

I notice there are inputs for flow sensors and temperature sensors on the board, but no details that I saw in the manual on which sensors are compatible? How would we tune different flow sensor/temp sensor curves if there is no mention of it and nothing that I saw in the BIOS (from reviews, getting the board tomorrow)

Cheers

ROG Enthusiast Array

Arrow

I can report that Aquacomputer inline temp sensors work (on all 3 temp inputs) and report correct temps. No solid info on the flow sensor yet.

Banned Array JustinThyme PC Specs
    JustinThyme PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G752VY-DH72
    MotherboardRampage VI Extreme
    ProcessorI9 9940X
    Memory (part number)64GB DDR4 8x8 Corsair Dominator Platinum 3800 MHz @ C17
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Strix 2080Ti O11G @ 2.1GHz
    Graphics Card #2ASUS Strix 2080Ti O11G @ 2.1Ghz
    Graphics Card #3ROG Nvlink
    Graphics Card #4Have to feed animals
    Sound CardExternal Audioengine D1 24 bit 192kbps DAC
    MonitorASUS PG348Q @ 100Hz
    Storage #1Intel 905P 480GB U2 flavor
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO 1TB X2 in RAID 0, 960 PRO 1TB DIMM.2_1
    CPU CoolerHeatKiller IV PRO and VRM blocks ,Dual D5 PWM serial, 2X 480, 1X 360 RADS
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Elite 8X LL120 PWM, 3X LL140 PWM, 12 SP120 PWM 1x AF140 PWM
    Power SupplyCorsair AX 1500i
    Keyboard ASUS Claymore
    Mouse ASUS Spatha, Logitech MX Master
    Headset Sennheiser HD 700
    Mouse Pad ASUS ROG Sheath
    Headset/Speakers Audioengine A5+ with SVS SB-1000 Sub
    OS Win10 Pro 1809
    Network RouterNetGear NightHawk X10
    Accessory #1 NetGear Prosafe 10GBe Switch
    Accessory #2 Qnap TVS-682 NAS modded with I7 CPU

Temp sensors are pretty much standard. Thinking its 10Kohms but my mind is slipping ATM.
    Flow sensors simply provide pulses and different sensors have different pulses for flow amounts. I know my aquacomputer high flow sensor is 160PPM/liter of flow.
    Steer clean of the bitpower flow sensor. The look nice but are utter garbage you have to choke down the inlet to a 6mm opening which kills your flow just to get the darn thing to spin then it wont spin for long.

This one works, be forwarned that you have to buy a special adaptor that looks like a 3 pin fan connector on steriods on the sensor end and it only comes in one length, about 7 inches long which is about useless so you will need a 3 pin fan extender.
    http://www.performance-pcs.com/aquac...weradjust.html

http://www.performance-pcs.com/aquac...ble-3-pin.html
    use it on aquaero 6 pro

This one is GARBAGE!!!!
    https://www.amazon.com/Bitspower-Flo.../dp/B00AHAQUCA

ROG Enthusiast Array

fermata petrolis

Yeah I have the High Flow from Aquacomputer. I found out that it can be connected directly to the MOBO even though that supplies 12V not 5V as AC requires Its a Digmesa Hall effect sensor inside, and I checked spec sheets of their stuff; they are usually well over 20V max input voltage. I hooked it up with a makeshift pump (my Aquastream is still burned out due to their stupidity on BUS/FLOW input/output port and using 5V not 12V industry standard as you saw in another thread), and its reporting between 5 and 19l/m. Make of that what you will

Meanwhile Aquacomputer has been completely useless, not providing truthful specs, and not answering a simple support inquiry on the sensor . (can it be plugged in to 12V not 5V sensor drive signal) They basically want you to use ALL of their proprietary things. I won't be going with them in any future builds for this reason.