cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z97-WS with Hyper Kit Or Samsung 960 Pro on HYPER M.2 X4 MINI CARD

-Nax-
Level 8
Hello, i have an Z97-WS (bios 2704) with 5775C, i have bought an 960 Pro 1To and i mount it in the Asus HYPER M.2 X4 MINI CARD.

Well the SSD is not seen ...

With a silverstone PCI Express 3.0 4X M.2 adaptator system sees a 950 Pro 512Go (O_O) but i can't install Windows on it (failure during install).

Now i try Asus HYPER M.2 X4 MINI CARD with Hyper Kit and Intel 750 NVME U2, nothing recognise ... The same 750 NVME but PCI Express format is recognize without problems.

The same config with an X99-WS/IPMI works well.

Is it a Bios problems which need new drivers to recognize samsung 960 SSD ? What about 750 U2 ?

There is no technical reason that it does not work ...
5 REPLIES 5

-Nax-
Level 8
Double post

-Nax-
Level 8
Hello,

so the 750 U.2 is not present in bios or during windows installation
960 Pro 1To is seen in Bios as a 950Pro 512 and seen in windows installation but failed to install on it (using silverstone PCI Express Card M.2).
Using an other disk to installation, in windows disk is showing as 950 Pro 512 too O_O ...
Samsung XP941 works well with silverstone PCI Express Card M.2

With Asus HYPER M.2 X4 MINI CARD nothing works, M.2 (960 Pro or XP941 or Hyper Kit ).

Well tonight i will try all of this with an X99 mainboard to see if all is ok ...

Personnally i think that Z97-WS bios is not Hyper M.2 X4 ready and can't recognise Samsung 960 Pro 1To ...

If it is the case i m afraid that i will never see a bios update to correct this issues ...

-Nax-
Level 8
Well after several tests i know more.

With the Asus HYPER M.2 X4 MINI CARD it works SSD NVME M.2 Or Intel U2 750 with Hyper Kit only if i use Pci Express 3.0 Port 1 ou 2 and with jumper on HYPER M.2 X4 MINI CARD configured on Hyper KIT. If i configure the jumper to M.2 nothing works (M.2 or U2).

After this i discover that i was screw for the samsung 960 Pro, in reality it is really a 950 Pro 512GO but with 960 Pro 1To Stickers O_O ...

Now i can't understand why the Hyper M.2 X4 Card does not work with PCI Express 3.0 Port 3 or 4, i will try more tonight ...

For fun i try thunderboltEX3 on asus Z97-WS and it works only if i use the PCI Express 2.0 4X port ... really strange ...

-Nax-
Level 8
Well after several test, THunderboltEX3 seems to not really works, it is perfectly detected but i can't make it recognise anything ...

A strange thing ... i use two Intel 750 SSD One Pci Express one U2

If i put The Pci Express One In Port PCI Express 3.0 4 And U2 (Hyper M.2 X4 + Hyper Kit) on Port PCI Express 3.0 2 it works. If i do the reverse (U2 On PCI Express 4 ans PCI on PCI Express 2) only the PCI Express 750 works ... really strange ...