Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    New ROGer Array

Aura Sync Issue

Well I updated to the newest version of the Aura Sync and now I only have my GPU and RAM showing in the components list. Tried to uninstall and go back to the previous version that listed all the headers and Mobo,GPU and G-Skill ram correctly but NOOO cant uninstall. Catastrophic Failure message...great!!!!

ROG Enthusiast Array binary100100 PC Specs
    binary100100 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Strix z270e
    ProcessorIntel i7-7700k (delidded)
    Memory (part number)G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 3000MHz (PC4 24000)
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Hydrocopper
    Graphics Card #2EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Hydrocopper
    MonitorHP w2207H (3)
    Storage #1Samsung 960 EVO Series - 500GB NVMe - M.2 Internal SSD
    Storage #2PNY SSD2SC480G, two WD 1TB WDS100T1B0B in RAID 0
    CPU CoolerPhanteks PH-C350I_BK C350I CPU Water Block
    CaseNZXT Phantom 820
    Power SupplyThermaltake Toughpower DPS G 850W Digital 80+ Platinum
    Keyboard Asus ROG Claymore MX Brown
    Mouse Asus Spartha
    Headset Patriot Viper Gaming V370
    OS Windows 10 Pro (64bit) ver 1703

Quote Originally Posted by Funkyredneck View Post
    Well I updated to the newest version of the Aura Sync and now I only have my GPU and RAM showing in the components list. Tried to uninstall and go back to the previous version that listed all the headers and Mobo,GPU and G-Skill ram correctly but NOOO cant uninstall. Catastrophic Failure message...great!!!!
    That's happened to me before. I had to use a third party uninstaller.
    For me, Wise Program Installer worked just fine.

New ROGer Array

Bump.

Asus plz. The only reason i bought this Mobo was for this functionality.

Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by Crobo View Post
    Bump.

Asus plz. The only reason i bought this Mobo was for this functionality.
    Please share full hardware specifications, OS, software versions, BIOS, type of LED strips you're using, and full description of the issue.

New ROGer Array

Hello, I've the same problem: only showing RGB strip-1, the second one is missing in the application.

I've connected two compatible strips, one in each RGB_HEADER of the motherboard, and the two are working fine, showing the same color at the same time.

When in calibration, only shows one RGB_HEADER to be selected.
    The calibration works fine too, but the two headers at the same time.

Could the dev team please check it out and fix it? It seems to be an AURA Lightning Control software problem.

Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z270E GAMING
    BIOS: 0906
    CPU: Intel i7-7700K 4.20GHz
    AURA Lightning Control version: 1.04.43

Screenshots:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aura_one_strip_only.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	57.7 KB 
ID:	66007
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aura_one_header_only.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	64.9 KB 
ID:	66008

Thanks,
    regards,

Ex-employee Array

Do make sure you have also tried latest version of AURA which is 1.05.11 which is available on your product downloads page:
    http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/...464.1476265282

Also make sure that you have latest BIOS to ensure that the latest AURA software works properly for your board.

Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

On the Strix Z270 boards, both strip headers are controlled as a group. These boards do not feature individual control over each header. That feature is reserved for the ROG Maximus Z270 boards. In other words, if you have a Strix board, you'll only see one strip header in the software. The other header is slaved to it.

I did write this up in the buyer's guide, here:

http://edgeup.asus.com/2017/01/03/z2...board-guide/3/

"Being part of the family, there are some tangible features that the Strix series inherits from its high-end ROG brethren. Aura RGB lighting is featured throughout the Strix series, and there are up to two onboard 5050 RGB strip headers that can work independently or in tandem with the onboard lighting. Unlike the ROG Maximus motherboards, you don’t get independent control over each 5050 header, but the full gamut of control and effects remains intact."

ROG Enthusiast Array binary100100 PC Specs
    binary100100 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Strix z270e
    ProcessorIntel i7-7700k (delidded)
    Memory (part number)G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 3000MHz (PC4 24000)
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Hydrocopper
    Graphics Card #2EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Hydrocopper
    MonitorHP w2207H (3)
    Storage #1Samsung 960 EVO Series - 500GB NVMe - M.2 Internal SSD
    Storage #2PNY SSD2SC480G, two WD 1TB WDS100T1B0B in RAID 0
    CPU CoolerPhanteks PH-C350I_BK C350I CPU Water Block
    CaseNZXT Phantom 820
    Power SupplyThermaltake Toughpower DPS G 850W Digital 80+ Platinum
    Keyboard Asus ROG Claymore MX Brown
    Mouse Asus Spartha
    Headset Patriot Viper Gaming V370
    OS Windows 10 Pro (64bit) ver 1703

Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    On the Strix Z270 boards, both strip headers are controlled as a group. These boards do not feature individual control over each header. That feature is reserved for the ROG Maximus Z270 boards. In other words, if you have a Strix board, you'll only see one strip header in the software. The other header is slaved to it.

I did write this up in the buyer's guide, here:

http://edgeup.asus.com/2017/01/03/z2...board-guide/3/

"Being part of the family, there are some tangible features that the Strix series inherits from its high-end ROG brethren. Aura RGB lighting is featured throughout the Strix series, and there are up to two onboard 5050 RGB strip headers that can work independently or in tandem with the onboard lighting. Unlike the ROG Maximus motherboards, you don’t get independent control over each 5050 header, but the full gamut of control and effects remains intact."
    Well... that's kinda lame. So basically you're telling all of us that to have that functionality we'd have to upgrade our incompatible boards? What's the point of having two on here then? Might as well just give us a splitter cable and you guys could have saved some money on development.

Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by binary100100 View Post
    Well... that's kinda lame. So basically you're telling all of us that to have that functionality we'd have to upgrade our incompatible boards? What's the point of having two on here then? Might as well just give us a splitter cable and you guys could have saved some money on development.

I wouldn't buy a board just because it has two independently controllable RGB headers

In the grander scheme of things, though, the Strix boards are usually lower in price, so something always gives. In this case, one of the sacrifices is the loss of an additional IC to control that header independently. But, at least you dont need a splitter cable if you have two headers onboard - the headers are likely cheaper for us to include over a splitter cable. Doesn't take any special development to run a few traces on the board and include a cheap regulator/header that you're already buying in bulk.

With that said, I'm also going to close this thread. Question has been answered.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3