cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752VS usb drive disconnecting and reconnecting every 5 minutes

simi_id
Level 7
Hello

If I attach my Kingston usb drive to G752VS and I leave it attached no matter if I use the computer or not I hear from time to time how it disconnects and reconnects back (ding ... dong) every 5-10 minutes.
Why is that ? Is there a solution ?

Thanks*
3 REPLIES 3

Gps3dx
Level 12
Follow the following thread: ( the talk&info apply to all G serie, old and new )
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?53877-G751-Problem-with-USB3-0-ports-(left-side)-and-exter...
simi_id wrote:
Hello

If I attach my Kingston usb drive to G752VS and I leave it attached no matter if I use the computer or not I hear from time to time how it disconnects and reconnects back (ding ... dong) every 5-10 minutes.
Why is that ? Is there a solution ?

Thanks*
Asus G751JT
Samsung EVO 850 120GB + 1TB HDD 7200RPM
Cleaned installed Win 10 HOME
My Guides:

• [POST=538713]ROG LAPTOPS: COMPLETE DRIVER LIST ![/POST]
  • [POST=538713]How to install windows 8/8.1/10 on any UEFI supported laptop the PROPER way[/POST]
  • [POST=538711]HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF ![/POST]
  • [POST=605307]HOW TO REMAP FN+KEY AND SPECIAL BUTTONS: "STEAM", "ROG" & "SHADOWPLAY"[/POST]
  • [POST=539663]Win 10 x64: SETUP USB @SUPERSPEED, NO HANG-UPS! | ACCELERATES USB 3.0/2.0 TRANSFER RATE SPEED TWICE![/POST]

JustinThyme
Level 13
Would this happen to be on the left side? If so those ports go through a daughter board that I would have thought would be fixed by now. g751s and other G752s have the same problem on bus powered spinners. Plug a USB thumb drive or SSD in there works fine. Add the load of spinning to it and it loads the 5V down. Plug it into the right side, no problems.*

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

simi_id
Level 7
It's on the right side where is power adapter conector.
I've upayed here with further informations.
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?53877-G751-Problem-with-USB3-0-ports-(left-side)-and-exter...