cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[ASUS Strix Raid PRO] Noise in left channel when running games

nems8
Level 7
So i recently bought a new sound card, replacing my older Xonar DX.

Im having issues with noise in the left channel when running games. It sounds like 50hz is leaking through to the sound card but i got no idea to be honest.
I got my headphones hooked to the Box and my active speakers connected to the sound card and i get the same noise in both.

Tried switching the soundcard from the lowest PCI-e connector to the one above to see if that would help (further away from PSU) but didnt seem to do anything.

Any help?
7 REPLIES 7

tuman18
Level 7
I have just the same with my new Strix Soar. Looks like it's some isolation problem.

x7007
Level 7
Did you guys fix the issue ? found the problem ?

Hello.
I have same problem. Try to use Ferrite Rings to power cables Sound Card and Video Card. In ferrite rings it is better to make loops. This helps me.
64401 64402

0wn3d wrote:
Hello.
I have same problem. Try to use Ferrite Rings to power cables Sound Card and Video Card. In ferrite rings it is better to make loops. This helps me.
64401 64402

I have the same problem and that solution of magnets has not worked for me. I will arrange warranty with the store to see if I send a new card or repair the one I have.

alx00
Level 7
Any solution found?

EDIT
I fixed it via placing it further away from the grafic card

bogsha
Level 10
It is true... the power surges off the video card trigger a hum in the speakers.... isolate the sound card from other high voltage cards

I have the same problem!

So this ' incredible' card with a signal to nois ratio of 124dB can't even be used in a PC?

Unbelievable that Asus can promote this 124dB while they are not even able to isolate their power supply. Very ashaming... And no real solution, at least nog for me, I can't change the card to another PCI-E