cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL702 vs G752

Uriziel
Level 7
Hello,

I'll buy new a new ASUS ROG Gaming Laptop. (my 3. yay) since my G751JY battery died 2 days ago.

I checked many different models from ASUS, and read some Reviews. Right now I have 2 different models in my inner selection and I wanted to ask for the opinions of some owners of those models.

First G752VM
i7 - 6700HQ - 2,6GHz
GTX 1060
256B SSD + 1TB HDD
8GB RAM

Second GL702VM
i7 - 6700HQ - 2,6GHz
GTX 1060
256B SSD + 1TB HDD
8GB RAM

So from the Hardware they are similar, well the G752 is about 100-200 bucks more expensive where I live and has a Blue-Ray drive.

I don't care about the Blue-Ray drive, and since the GL702 is almost half the weight it's interesting.
So my questions:
Is the Performance the same/similar for both models ? (FPS)
How is the cooling ? (High load | Temperatur)
Most important for me, the Noise Level how is it ? (I can't use Headset to ignore it, High Load again)

I used those Reviews
http://www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-ROG-G752VT-Notebook-Review.153805.0.html
http://www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-GL702VM-GC102D-Notebook-Review.186918.0.html

Thank you for reading!
5 REPLIES 5

Aldaraad
Level 7
Excellent question, because the GL702VS-GC095T (17.3" FHD, Intel Core i7-7700HQ up to 3.80GHz, 16GB DDR4, 1TB HDD + 256GB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX1070 8GB, no ODD, Win 10) just became available in Croatia.
Yes, it has no optical drive, it is lighter than the g752 monsters but, according to the review - leaves nothing wanted. Or does it?

Any user experiences?

Aldaraad wrote:
Excellent question, because the GL702VS-GC095T (17.3" FHD, Intel Core i7-7700HQ up to 3.80GHz, 16GB DDR4, 1TB HDD + 256GB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX1070 8GB, no ODD, Win 10) just became available in Croatia.
Yes, it has no optical drive, it is lighter than the g752 monsters but, according to the review - leaves nothing wanted. Or does it?

Any user experiences?

GL will run much hotter and louder. And there is no G-Sync, i think,
G614JV

Korth
Level 14
Looks like the differences are mainly motherboard chipsets, max DDR4 capacities, battery life.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Ancients
Level 10
With similar components you can expect similar performance so long as there is no thermal throttling.
That being said, larger laptops will tend to cool themselves in a more efficient manner.
As for the noise, I have a G752VT and it is a pretty quiet laptop. Most times I do not notice the fans, and when I do it isn't very loud at all.

The GL702VM does have G-Sync however if I had the money I would have chosen the bigger G752 instead but now that the Kaby Lake's are trickling out you may want to hold off and get a Kaby Lake version of whatever one you decide to get. Also they both probably come with 16 Gig of RAM not 8 Gigs. The other upside to the G series is that it has 4 SODIMM sockets so you can put up to 64 Gigs not that you will ever really need that much RAM. It also looks like the G752 comes with PCIE 3x4 SSD which should be faster than the SATAIII the GL702VM-DB74 came with.
It also appears the G752 may have 2 m.2 slots both being PCIE 3x4 https://rog.asus.com/articles/g-series-gaming-laptops/upgrade-guide-rog-g752/
But I thought the same with the GL702VM since the manual showed 2 slots but turns out the manual on ASUS Support page is for the VT model.

U2Desire